prather cable

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernest2

hi! how good is this flex cable? how would you rate it compared it hughey, octura or other cables?

thanks!

ernest2 said:
hi! how good is this flex cable? how would you rate it compared it hughey, octura or other cables?thanks!
It's fine. The hughey is my favorite because it's made of finer wire but they all are good. Lube is more important. The Mercury Quichsilver grease is great.

I like to store my shafts in ATF when I'm not using them to prevent them from rusting.

CMD is offering good flexshafts made of fine wirer at good price.

As Tom mentioned also used some Prather's years ago with no failures.

Gill

hi thanks!!

nice to hear i bought a good one. i have another problem though, i also bought a prather cable collet intended for k&b 7.5. i have asked prather if it would fit to an os .21 rg-m, they said yes.. but it wouldn't. what is the best thing to do for me besides purchasing another? is it ok if i bring the flywheel to a machine shop and make the inner diameter bigger to fit the collet?

thanks!!

If the cable is a 1/4-28 it should fit fine. However, there are three types of cable, the most common are the .187 and 1/4 inch cables. There is also a smaller, Ithink .156 cable. maybe you bought a .156 rather than the .187??

rcboat the problem actually is that the collet can't fit into the flywheel of the rg-m. the collet size is ok, so is the cable.. that's why i'm planning to make the inner diameter of the flywheel so that the collet don't touch it.

is it ok if i bring the flywheel to a machine shop and make the inner diameter bigger to fit the collet?

Ernest2,

Your OS has the same thread (1/4"-28 UNF) as the K&B but they have different recess in the flywheel. I believe the OS has a smaller recess. If I were you, I would machine the collet to fit the OS flywheel rather than the other way around.

Regards,

Kez

you're right kez, and that's a nice suggestion.. is it possible? because the collet is polygonal in shape, hexagon i think. anyway i'll just try to bring it to a machine shop.

Back