Prather 32" Race Tunnel Hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOTOboat

Just bought one of these of EBay. Price seemed good to me an all I needed to add is a 7.5 K&B and radio. All the rigging had already been done. I have a 7.5 from an earlier purchase.

They look nice, now I'm wondering from the lack of people I see on this thread running them, what have I got myself into.

Any comment on how these boats perform? I'm a first time Nitro guy and just a sport runner

I'm looking to learn about

- Fuel filter? I guess I need one

- Hopper tank, sounds like I should just add one

- Oilier Tank for flex Cable. I can’t find the thread discussing how to do this

I’m pretty mechanically inclined (yeah I know Kiss of death)

Sorry be patent I seem to be able to ask more questions than I have answers or.

Thanks in Advance

MOTOboat

Last edited by a moderator:
You will find more of those boats on the West coast in Namba events than here in the East. They were built in California I believe. I have witnessed a couple of these boats than performed well, I think getting the good set up on them takes some patience. If that one has a turn fin then tuning the turn fin is a big part of how it handles. I am sure several people who have had some experience with them will give you some pointers. Any boat can be fun unless you just want to set speed records.

Hopper tank is a good idea. Make sure it is mounted high enough to do some good. I never ran an oiler on my 7.5 motor, I just injected lube in it between each run.

I have a Lap Cat II which is the same length and I believe a little older than the race tunnel hull. It is a old model with a turn fin but it runs extremely well for its age. A friend of mine and myself only have them as a hobby, not competition. There are much better boats for competition but if its fun youre after then I doubt you will be let down. I do have a fuel filter and I added a hopper tank this spring after I read that it helps with fuel flow. I however do not have an oiler. Im like you when it comes to having the tools and know how to add an oiler. I just take my shaft out and grease it good between runs.

Good luck and have fun.

John

Also make sure the sponsor bottoms are flat, I mean take a straight edge and see if there are any cups or peaks in the bottom, you can sand the sponsons to make them flat, I got ran against onof the newer boats and my Leecraft had a hard time going around, they do run fast if tuned correctly.

Mike

Back