Powerhead Manufactures

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anders-e

What si happening with all outboard manufactures?
Since OS has discontinued there outboard engine
there is now one left as I knew.

OS discontinued which outboard engine?
Currently none active outside of the OS XM I believe. OPS has some stock floating around, Novarossi is stocked for awhile but doesn’t seem promising there will be more due to their lack of communication. Heard rumblings of some potentially popping up but it has been awhile.
I’ve seen some engines floating around from other manufacturers with nothing to look them up with. We might be transitioning back to need conversion kits for new engines.

Well the new price from Tower for the XM outboard is $659.99.......It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is going or has already gone if the XM motor has in fact been discontinued......This has been coming for a long time.......

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/21xm-vii-.21-air-cooled-outboard-marine-engine/OSMG1720.html
For all the RC boaters that are concerned about the health of RC nitro outboarding .....this approach probably isn't looking to bad right now......think about it.......

Attachments

• Motor on REK with throttle linkage car carb 001.JPG
    Motor on REK with throttle linkage car carb 001.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 201
Value of $120 from 1976 to 2021
$120 in 1976 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $573.00 today, an increase of $453.00 over 45 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.54% per year between 1976 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 377.50%. The 1976 inflation rate was 5.76%.

Well the new price from Tower for the XM outboard is $659.99.......It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is going or has already gone if the XM motor has in fact been discontinued......This has been coming for a long time.......

https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/21xm-vii-.21-air-cooled-outboard-marine-engine/OSMG1720.html
For all the RC boaters that are concerned about the health of RC nitro outboarding .....this approach probably isn't looking to bad right now......think about it.......

Is Fred selling these now and if so what all does it include and price? I didn’t see them listed on his website.
Thanks!

Fred is selling them....I don't know his price and exactly what is included....I believe it is everything needed to mount a car motor SG shaft with a rotary carb on a O.S. or K&B or REK lower unit.....
I also mounted a car slide barrel car on the adapter that worked just great.....
(29) Throttle linkage adapter car carb 001 - YouTube
Call him 1-607-687-0143.......

Back