Plug driver panel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnrcboatracer

Supporting Member
Seeing the thread about power pancels got me thinking. I use a dedicated battery box for my started so I don't want the fuel pump and starter plugs; but I do want a plug driver and display. Does anyone know of a good plug driver panel with digital display? I have considered buying a full unit and cutting out what I don't want, but it seems like a waste. The other option in one of the pocket LiPo drivers. Even with a LiPo driver, I would want a panel in hte starter box as a back up.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

I have several sets to build a driver, but I also want a meter to show the current.
Jon, after having a store bought power panel go up in smoke last summer, i decided to build my own plug igniter. I built mine from Radio Shack components. Used a plastic project box, two d size battery holders, and a on-off switch with a led in the end of the switch. Light lets you know if the plug is good. I installed jacks on the box so i can plug in my glow plug wires.When i first built it, i just used two old school aligator clips, for the glow power. No glow plug clip. I have not found it necessary to use any meter with it. Does not blow or distort plugs with the voltage of two d size rechargable batteries. I am using speaker wire for my wires that hook to the glow plug clip. Richard D

Richard, Thanks for the info. I pulled apart my old Hbbico panel with analog meter. I'll probably just put it in the starter. Your radioshack glow started sound similar to the Radio South unit. I saw a LiPo unit I liked as well. I'll need to google it to find the maker again.

Richard, Thanks for the info. I pulled apart my old Hbbico panel with analog meter. I'll probably just put it in the starter. Your radioshack glow started sound similar to the Radio South unit. I saw a LiPo unit I liked as well. I'll need to google it to find the maker again.
Jon, it is similar to the Radio South unit. The Radio Shack project box has a metal chasis plate that you can mount the battery holders to. I know i dont have more than $30.00 invested, including the two d size batteries. Richard D

Back