plasti dip your reciever and electronics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Krienke

I have been doing this for years and it works great. just remove the cover plasti dip it well and it will be totally waterproof. try it sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
now thats a topic of need is how to keep servos from getting water in them and smoking people speak yo minds . :p
I have had really good results putting them in a waterproof radio box.
YA ya ya ya . but still stuff happens so any one else ?. im talkin theoretically is it possible ,smiles B)
The one big problem with using stuff like Plasti-Dip is that should you need service Futaba and Horizon Service won't touch them. :huh:

Mark, are you typing about "The Stuph"? I have some of that somewhere in the basement but got spoiled on Aero-Plate which I don't think is being made any more.

I tried the Plasti-Dip on a 4-cell Ni-Cad pack and afterwards it didn't work.

now thats a topic of need is how to keep servos from getting water in them and smoking people speak yo minds . :p
I have had really good results putting them in a waterproof radio box.
YA ya ya ya . but still stuff happens so any one else ?. im talkin theoretically is it possible ,smiles B)
The one big problem with using stuff like Plasti-Dip is that should you need service Futaba and Horizon Service won't touch them. :huh:
Futaba Even Complaints of Corrosion X on everything.. But I would not put a boat in the water without it... Go to Corrosion X.com if you want to waterproof your radio parts.

Ive never tried it on batteries before but i wouldnt get discouraged on putting on circuit boards . I even been doing the esc controls for the cars and boats and it makes them bullet proof as well. i have put one under water for days and then pulled it out and turned it works perfect still. and they usuallly arent too happy getting wet it seems atleast the novak ones. Dave

I dipped one time and thought it was a pain. Especially if you need to swap servos or receivers. Just wrap the receiver and battery with paper towels. Now you have vibration and water protection. If you get enough water to where the towels fail then just spray the receiver or servo with WD-40 and you are back in action. INSTANTLY. Futaba does not seem to care about the WD-40.

If your servo is not sealed around the output shaft with a factory o-ring then you won't seal it with any kind of dip as the shaft rotates. The smallest amount of moisture trapped in any of the electrical items will eventually cause corrosion. I strongly suggest letting things breath.

I dipped one time and thought it was a pain. Especially if you need to swap servos or receivers. Just wrap the receiver and battery with paper towels. Now you have vibration and water protection. If you get enough water to where the towels fail then just spray the receiver or servo with WD-40 and you are back in action. INSTANTLY. Futaba does not seem to care about the WD-40.If your servo is not sealed around the output shaft with a factory o-ring then you won't seal it with any kind of dip as the shaft rotates. The smallest amount of moisture trapped in any of the electrical items will eventually cause corrosion. I strongly suggest letting things breath.

ya on the servos what i have done is plasti dip the outside and then use orings on the shaft and screw for the horn to keep it sealed.

On recievers tape off the pins with old servo connectors and you can unplug them still same with crystal just tape off where pins insert and you can change crystals also.. doesnt seem to affect reciever when the connections get wet just the board. I always use spray plasti dip the can stuff just would be too messy i think

Don i have sent things back to horrizon hobbies still had the plastic dip on them no questions asked now maybe futaba the might not. Robert

Back