• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

piston pin wanted

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duc

Guy's I have a bit of a problem. I bought a new liner and piston for my 11cc K&B outboard on ebay. Spent a lot of money but I can't use it because the piston pin is different from the one I have in my motor. I need one with the teflon pad on the end instead of the one with the retainer which I have.

Can somebody help me out here?

Oscar

If new pin is longer? Grind lenth of pin the same as old one and exchange the button from old pin to reground one. :D Scott

PS. Do an on line search for: Big Dog Engines. Skip can help you out !! bigdogengines.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Oscar,

I've had a few .67 (11 cc) motors from K&B. I don’t remember the teflon pad ever being a stock option in the motor(I remember I always used circlips on that motor). If memory serves, that motor only had circlips as an option, but the wristpins were hollow. I'm curious to know if the solution is as easy as pulling the teflon pad out of your old wristpin and putting it in the other (it should pull right out of the end of the wrist-pin)?

Other solutions may be to put the pads in from a .45 (7.5cc) I believe the wristpin is the same diameter.

Back