Piranhas Boat Club Needs IMPBA members help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyKilbarger

The Piranhas Model boat club has been running in Columbus Ohio on a pond owned by the Parks and Rec department for several years. They only allow us use of the lake on the first and third Sunday of the month from June through October and only from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm. I know this sounds restrictive but it is a nice site and we get lots of exposure as there is a bike/walking path around the lake which has allowed us to spread the hobby a bit.

This year, our president has had to step down due to some health issues and asked me to fill in. I am in the process of sending in the club registration to IMPBA so we can get the insurance certificate to send to the Parks and Rec folks to get the permit. My issue is due to our limited running time and really few local IMPBA members, I am struggling getting the 5 active IMPBA members to list on the club registration. Once we start up in June, several people begin running and send in their IMPBA stuff but I need members before I can get the permit. Currently it is myself and Jim Schaefer (ABC Props). Our club charges no dues since we really just get to run together 10 times a year and the Parks folks won't allow us to hold a race. I talked to the IMPBA secretary via email and according to him, IMPBA members can have more than one club affiliation.

If you would be willing to be a member of our club ( don't cost nothing) and are an IMPBA member, please let me know. All IMPBA asks is that you send them a letter or email ([email protected]) saying you are also affiliated with the Piranha's. Let me know your IMPBA number and as soon as I have 5 members, I will send in the club registraion ( I'll pay for that). And we would love to have any IMPBA members willing to come down on a Sunday morning and run with us. We have a few gas boats and several nitro including riggers, tunnels and Monos.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Tony Kilbarger

IMPBA 14144

Hey Tony,

Be glad to help out....

Here are mine and my families IMPBA numbers.... Let me know what I have to send and where to send a letter to let them know that we are members over there......

Bill Van Kirk

His and Hers Hobbies - Owner

William Van Kirk IMPBA # 19972S

Sonya Van Kirk IMPBA # 19972F

Kyle Van Kirk IMPBA # 19972J

Eric Van Kirk IMPBA # 19972J

I live in the Chicago area but if you need my IMPBA # I have it listed below, if there is anything else you will need let me know.

Paul :)

Back