pipe for Mac .21 in speedmaster

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony scardina

So I've got a speedmaster with a Mac .21 and an m445 prop (was told by the original owner that this was the best prop he'd had on the boat), not sure what pipe to buy now. I know the old standby .21 pipe is the 3280, but I've also heard the novarossi pipe is good as well as a cmb. Not sure which models of nova (muffled or standard?) Or cmb pipes are worth getting?

The novarossi standard pipe costs a bit less than a 3280, but the muffled one is more and the carbon one is more yet. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated at this point.

Those are good pipes also if you can find one a silver andybrown muffeled pipe or a 21 cooper pipe is good 7 1/2 to 8 inches long. That will have to be a strong Mac 21 to pull that M445 you better line up a x437/3 or at the most a x440/3.

CMB Valvola pipe works really well on the MAC engine turning a X440/3 or a X442. M445 is just a bit too much prop in my opinion....

Anthony,

I can give you a nova rossi nitro pipe if you would like?

I have one just sitting here brand new. Never worked well

for my set up. Shoot me your address and I will put it in the

Mail tomorrow. I have a cooper 21 also? But it is not free.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023

The new 21 cmb nitro pipe works real will on a mac.Stu Barr has them.

Dave

OPS 3280 is a very very good pipr for the Mac 21 X437 and AB pitched up X440 will work great

I'm also wondering if anyone makes a header that would bring the pipe up a bit, it hits the radio box with the current setup, not an issue I'd have had with a front exhaust. Looking for something similar to this one from novarossi

header.png

I'm also wondering if anyone makes a header that would bring the pipe up a bit, it hits the radio box with the current setup, not an issue I'd have had with a front exhaust. Looking for something similar to this one from novarossi

attachicon.gif
header.png
I think we still have 15 or 18 degree headers for the MAC 21.

Our MAC 21 powered mono always ran best with the X437/3 and pipe at 7 3/8".

I was advised by the guy I got the boat from to try using a seaducer radio box since they're lower profile, so that's my current project. I'm pretty sure I have x440 and x437 in both two and three blade variants, so plenty of props to try this spring!

I was advised by the guy I got the boat from to try using a seaducer radio box since they're lower profile, so that's my current project. I'm pretty sure I have x440 and x437 in both two and three blade variants, so plenty of props to try this spring!
Well if you are buying a new box i have a epoxyyglass one made for that Speedmaster and the Mac motor. It is low in the front to clear the pipe, I have one in my speedmaster hull.

$30 shipped to you.

Back