Picture of my hull...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomzeren

Hello Again...

I am posting a picture of my hull if anyone are interested in my project. The hull looks kind of bad now but I will fix it :) ..I thought that it also might would help you guys to specify an engine-size for me ???If you have advices or questions to me, add a reply and I will answer as fast as I can.. ;D

Here are the dimensions of my hull again:

Lenght: 74 cm

Lenght in water: 67 cm

width: 25-26 cm

Weight: 2,5 - 3 kg

Thanks,

Tomzeren! ;D

http://www.intlwaters.com/yabbse/attachments/hull.JPG

I'm no expert but I would say with a 30" boat you wouldn't want to use any more than a .21 (3.5cc) engine.

Don

A .21-.35 would be plenty to push this hull along nicely...but ultimately...the sky is the limit. I personally am a big fan of overpowering. (Sometimes maybe..I get carried away ..I'm told)

You could easily fit a .40 or maybe a .60/.65.

It would launch out of the water and get up on step instantly. :eek:

You wouldn't necessarily get to use WOT in anything other than quick 'shots', (and a shot at the wrong time hitting rough water will easily=airborn/upside down)..but it's a ton of fun...and makes for great conversation. You would also probably need trimtabs to maintain reasonable control over 35mph...or every time you hit a wave and the nose comes up..the prop will try and pass it underneath. :'(

Good luck...let us know what you decide.

Thank you for your advice...

It helps me a lot! ;D

I cant afford to much right now so i have to find an engine that doesn't cost to much, and thats why i am thinking about hammerheads offer..I dont have that very much experience with steering model-boats yet so i think i will start with something that stays in the water :) and maybe later i will put a more powerful engine in it...I'll let you know what i decide to buy...

Thanks,

Tomzeren 8) :D

You can use aircraft rc engines if you need to keep the cost down. It is extremely easy to convert them to marine use...and they are often a 1/3 the cost or less on e-bay.

Engines with a completely round upper cylinder/head work best.

Use small steel brake line, and wrap it around the engine head. (3x is plenty) Use a long piece, start in the middle, and cut when done. Once cut, you will be able to tighten a little more like a spring. Use a large hose clamp around it (Rad hose clamp)

You can cool the crankcase by making a cover for the existing one (square tin or copper) with in/out water tubes on it. Drill holes and use the existing crankcover bolts to hold it on.

This works A1! and makes things alot more affordable.

Hope it helps..

Thanks a lot!!

You are really helpful ;D

I have to think a little bit about what i am going to do...

Thanks,

Tomzeren :D

Back