pics of my hull..Need some help here...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomzeren

What is the best and most economical choice for me as a newbie??

Nitro or electric??I like speed so I want it to go kinda fast though..

Need some advices from you guys..The hull is not in a very good shape right now, but I am going to fix it totally!!! :D

Here are some specs:

Length: 74cm

Length in water:67cm

Width: 26cm

Weight:2,5 - 3 kilos

Here's a pic (I know it looks terrible now but :):

As for cost I think that nitro and electric are about the same price. For electric you will need a motor, speed controle, batterys, and a battery charger. For nitro you will need an engine, fuel tank, and a glow starter. They are about the same when you add it up. Not to mention that the nitro set up would probably be lighter. I would have to recomend a glow engine due to the speed and long run times. The electric ones die fast and you have to have a pocket full of batterys to keep it going. (Don't let the electric guys know I said that!) Read as much as you can about glow engines and ask pleanty of questions. It's easier to find out now than lator by trial and error.

how long is that ? it looks kinda big from the pix what are the dimentions?

is there stringers allready in the boat?

is it glass or plastic?

weed eater engines work good you can use engine gas tank cable run time 40 min. let me know inches of hull i have engines that will work . boatebobcars

Dude...I'm tellin' ya...that thing looks familiar. Except yours looks a BUNCH better than mine!

mono1.jpg

Man that thing looks like it was beat with a ugly stick...... :p

what was it ? or what did it start out as?

Are those bullet holes in the side of the boat Propjockey?

Those beat up boats clean up good though and they provide a good practice/learning tool.

Good luck have fun,Tomzeren post some pics when your done. ;)

Six...count 'em SIX coats of paint...covering BONDO! : :)

Bare hull weighed 4 lbs, 9 oz :eek: before I started stripping! That's a 29" X 9 1/2" hull!!

As near as I can tell, someone had an airplane muffler (Pitts style) on the engine, and the stacks came out the holes.

With an old K&B 40, this will be my retrieval boat.

Okey!

I wrote the length and all that in the first topic, but Ican do it again if you want me to

Specs:

length: 29"

Length in water: 26,4"

Width: 10,2"

Weight: 2,5-3,0 kilos

Its made out of glassfibre

Sorry that I haven't answered to your mails propjockey, but I have a little problem with sending those private posts so :-

Yeah that looks like my hull :eek:

After what I have heard, my hull is a prototype of a norwegian daycruiser-hull, but I am not exactly shore about that though : :)

Maybe a stupid question, but what do i need to start a glowengine without pullstarter?? ??? :-[

Thanks for all the answers

Tomzern :D

I use a similar hull for my retrieval boat, but I use electric with a motorcycle battery for power. Lasts for around 2 hours run-time.

You'll need a plane type electric starter to start all non-pull engines. You can get them for $30 (cheap model) to around $200 (top of the line) They have a grooved pully to attach to a starter belt that remains in the boat on a grooved flywheel.(Real basic description, huh?)

hey there dude

as a newbie i started out the hard way and jummped in the deep end. i spent a lot really quickly with out checking it all out.

if you just wanna go fast than i suggest buying into the gas engines "wipper snipper's"--"weed eaters" as they are easier to set up and just keep going. and going and going. where as glow you need to keep changing plugs when they blow and change set ups at diiferent ponds and for different weather patterns.

but have fun and as the others say ask a lot of q"s and go to your local club and ask to see setups and what they do for each race.

but remember not to tell other races how the other races have set upboats it is the easiest way to loss friends at the pond..

paul

"destroyer racing"

if it breaks than sh*t -it wasn't set up right.!!

Tom,

I would think a line trimmer engine like a Homelite or similar would be most suitable for that hull. Easy to start and run, low maintenance. Your hull does not look like a racing type, and may not handle high powered nitro engines very well.

Best of luck! ;D

Ian.

Back