pics needed of u-17 tempus tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about 12, which I took with Troy in the Tri-Cities in 86. Some are from the bottom of the hull. The guys from the Frank Kenney and Squire Shop crews were kind enough to let me get up on top of the trailers to get the photos. I have photo's fom Tri-Cities in 86-88 and some other years on slides I will have to go through them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, do you have any closeup shots of the engines in the 1988 U-9 Stroh Light?

Brian, wouldn't Roger Newton be a good source? Also David put his electric Tempus up for sale on Ebay. He posted a pic of the bottom and it doesn't look like it has a skid fin.

thanks dave i will see ya thursday will be bringing out tempus for first runs man what a week of boat building just radio box lid and stacks to go and decide what prop to use ;)

david did run turn fin on his troy talked to roger and the boat did run a fin just was looking for all the pics i could get of it

Glenn,

I have almost a whole roll that I shot of the Stroh's on the trailer. It looks like there are some failry good shots of them in the boat with the cowl on. Lots of detail on the paint scheme. What do you want to know? It was a pair of naturally aspirated Big Block Ford protoype engines running around 1100hp each. They were coupled like the old twin engine dragsters from the 60's. I remember the nitrous having a problem and the intake manifold from one of the engines got launched over our head (Troy and myself) on Saturday or might have been Friday. It ran much better than the Eliminator, that thing was loud and did not get anywhere. Now it greats you going into the park at the Tri-Cities. A fitting end to a short and lackluster career! The Stroh's actually got up on plane and turned some respectable test laps. Not bad for an automotive powerplant.

Dave, I'll take whatever you got.

I'm mostly interested in closeup pictures of the engines and cockpit. I'm almost done drawing up some plans to build it and I also have a pair of 1/8 scale Ford engines for it.

Glenn

I will get copies of them on Friday, e-mail me and let me know where to send them. There are about 20 or so.

Yes I did and I just got back with the pics! I will just send you a bill with them. There are 18 total with the boat on the trailer. I will see if I have some of it running. I have another 20 or so of it running and being lifted out of the water. Do you want those too?

Back