Picco Question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ids987

Supporting Member
A new boater brought a Picco like the one in the picture to a race on Sunday. He bought it on eBay as a .60. It has no stampings on the lugs. I know Picco produced this style in .67 and .80 sizes, but not sure if they produced it as a .60 or a .65. Would anyone here know please ?

Otherwise I'll see if he can measure the bore and stroke - probably safest anyway.

Thanks for any replies received.

Ian

picco672.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A new boater brought a Picco like the one in the picture to a race on Sunday. He bought it on eBay as a .60. It has no stampings on the lugs. I know Picco produced this style in .67 and .80 sizes, but not sure if they produced it as a .60 or a .65. Would anyone here know please ?Otherwise I'll see if he can measure the bore and stroke - probably safest anyway.

Ian
If its a one piece case its a 67

A new boater brought a Picco like the one in the picture to a race on Sunday. He bought it on eBay as a .60. It has no stampings on the lugs. I know Picco produced this style in .67 and .80 sizes, but not sure if they produced it as a .60 or a .65. Would anyone here know please ?Otherwise I'll see if he can measure the bore and stroke - probably safest anyway.

Ian
I do know that Picco made a .65, because I have one

THATS A GREAT ENGINE ITS THE VERSION JUST BEFORE THE EXR I HAVE RAN MANY OF THESE ENGINES AND STILL DO THEY ARE BULLET PROOF !

Ian
Yes Picco built .60's in that same crankcase for tetheard cars. Same crank with smaller bore. I have a new .60 P/L for that engine. It has much higher exhaust timing than the .65 or .67 liner.

Thanks for the replies.

Looks like the consensus is that it could be .60 .65 .67 or .80 (I've got a crankcase, crank and backplate for the .80 version).

So I guess the only way to be sure is to measure it. Only other clue I can think of is the cutout on top of the backplate if it's a .80.

Cheers:

Ian

Thanks for the replies.Looks like the consensus is that it could be .60 .65 .67 or .80 (I've got a crankcase, crank and backplate for the .80 version).

So I guess the only way to be sure is to measure it. Only other clue I can think of is the cutout on top of the backplate if it's a .80.

Cheers:

Ian
the .65 case said .65 on it that could possibly be an .80 but they would have stamped .80 on the mounting lug. that engine is a .67

Latest posts

Back