Phil Thomas Stealth 45 Turn Fin Mounting Location

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
I have Phil’s instructions and he has you mounting the fin 2 inches deep (presumably from sponson bottom). Also he has you making sure the fin is square or parallel in relation to the edge of the sponson. I’m assuming he is talking about the INSIDE edge. Am I correct? Can anyone supply me with pics of the turn fin location on the back of the sponson transom? I have the boat up on 2- 1” thick 1-2-3 blocks per side and a 2” block under the strut. So this will allow me to get my depth spot on. I just need a little confirmation on where I should mount it side to side. I’m using the MOJO 40 fin and bracket and mounting the fin to the inside of the bracket.

Thanks!

Rich

Got the fin mounted. The bracket is square to my work table so the 90 deg is covered. I put a straight edge on the fin (obviously fin is off in the pic) and the sponson bottom and drew a line. I’d say we are in there as far as being aligned with the inside sponson edge! I also got the drive lined up and glassed in. Thank you guys for your input on the fin!
IMG_3051.jpegIMG_3052.jpegIMG_3059.jpegIMG_3055.jpegIMG_3054.jpegIMG_3053.jpeg

Back