Phil Thomas Sport 40 Minimum Fuel Capacity?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCapaldi

Supporting Member
I am working on reviving a Phil Thomas SS 45 with a Picco Blackhead EXR in it. The boat has a rear radio box so the tank is in the front. It has a Sullivan SS-12 fuel tank in it. Is this enough capacity to race with? For those of you who run this setup how do you fit more capacity in your boat? I sized up a SS-14 but it looks like it would sit right against the carb.

Thanks,

Chris Capaldi

I have that set-up a 12 oz in front with a picco blue head. It will work but what I do for heat racing is wait till 1:50 to start. It will get you milling laps and the race plus bring in.It's about empty every time after. The longer you wait the better. 1:50 is about the right time from what I have done so far.hope this helps. A 2oz hopper can fit on top or the 12 because I had a hopper on mine and I took it off but I don't mind waiting the clock out.

If you want a plastic tank get a dubro 14 oz it will fit fine and you can shoeglue a 1 once tank on top of it to feed the carb. Or go with a Walt Barney metal tank.

Chris I have a dubro 14 with the 1 oz tank if you want it for the cost of mail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back