Phantom Outriggers and Bishop Aeromarine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a message Joe Bishop posted on Facebook today. I'm posting this for the ones that don't have a FB Account.

I hope the best for Joe. An yes I'll be ordering a few kits for my personal collection.

His message follows

(Hi Guys

Well, I have fought the battle of my life and from what the doctors say, I have won. It has left me somewhat impaired as to my sight and health but I think I will be OK. The financial strain has been dramatic and has left my wife and I basically broke but as always we will fight our way back.

As for the boat kits, I have thought long and hard on that subject and here is what I have come up with. I will build boat kits on an order basic only. In other words, when you order a boat, I will custom build the kit and send it to you. We will not be stocking any kits at this time. The only kits that are available, right now, is the PHANTOM II AB Ultra & Elite. You will need to expect a 2 week delay from your order date until your kit ships.

The kits will consist of all the wood parts, the foam parts and a construction manual. The kits "WILL NOT INCLUDE ANY HARDWARE" such as fasteners, sponson booms, motor mount, turn fin, stuffing tube, strut, rudder, drive shaft, etc. The "QUICK ADJUST" sponson boom adjusters can be bought as a separate kit. The boats run very well without any extra adjustments but if experimenting with trim and ride attitude is your thing than the adjuster kits will be available.

As I have said before, I have thought long and hard on this subject and due to my health and financial situation, this is the best I can do. I will continue to develop new boats and will introduce the kits as they come available. The main reason I have decided to go on with the development and production of my boats is the continued interest by boat racers from all over the world.

The price of the PHANTOM II AB Ultra is $149.95 and the Elite is $139.95. This includes the rear exhaust cowl but the side exhaust cowl can be substituted or purchased separately. The side exhaust cowl kit is $39.95 if bought separately. The QUICK ADJUST kits are $39.95 for the Ultra and $29.95 for the Elite. These kits do not include sponson booms.

Guys, I appreciate all your support through these very trying times and look forward to your continuing friendship! Joe. )

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you already know Shane your going to get your kits & he is going to still make kits with out hardware. He was sick real bad,almost broke. Glad to see your getting your kits!
probably off topic but how SICK is real sick?

How about a blood clot behind your heart giving you strokes one right after the other. Then a few surgery's to fix it up and the rehab that goes with it.

Back