Paynpack building question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CySlyde

ok finally got some time to make some progress and the directions are confusing me when it comes to sheeting the botom.

the directions say to notch the rear section, then glue it.. afterwards sand excess from front of frame 4. my qestion is though shouldn't i leve the excess material hanging off the back and leave teh 1/8th inch strips glued to frame 4 for the front section?

also for those building it with grims cowl, when do you cut the top of the frames off for the cowl to fit?

thanx for the clarification

I am building that hull without a lot of the center section bulkheads intact. I left the first one in the front where the nose block will go. Lopped out the next one or two. I did leave the bulkhead that ties the sponson transoms together. I removed the rest and left the boats transom as is....This is like the Newton scale plans come. I figure there is more than enough strength there...It makes radio box placement easier, balancing and a cleaner looking boat too.

When I cut my notchs I fit the front to where I wanted it and left the rest hanging off the back and trimed it off later.

I left in the nose piece and then cut the second frame out so the tank I got from Grim will fit. I then took out most all of the one where the engine will be. I left the next one to be the back of the radio box. Removed the next and then left the the last one to be the back of the radio box. You can cut down the tops of the frames to make the radio box the height that you want.

Bob

What strut depth are you guys using? I am putting my strut from under the boat

ARRRRRRRGH!!!! :angry: my build table just collapsed on one side. the building rig, Hydro and all went sliding straight into the wall. now the front of the inside of teh sponsoons are damaged.. am i going to have to de-sheet the sponseeons and try to rebuild like mike huges is doing.. or should i try to fill in and sand?

Edit.. Never mind I'm taking the front sponsoons off ad replacing them... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
if i have time yes.. I was just about ready to sheet the top.. now i'm back to getting the sponsoons sheeted :(

Back