Pay-Pak Sport 20 sealing question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

A friend gave me his Pay-n-Pak sport 20 a couple of days ago for my 10 year old to race this year. I have a couple questions on it because the boat is basically complete meaning built, and painted but the inside is bare raw wood. I took a small squirt bottle that I keep De-Natured Alcohol in and ran it along the crevices of the radio box to see if it wood leak, and it did. What I want to know is from the guys who have or built one what did you seal the inside with?? Also, how to I fill in the leaky areas of the dams between the radio box and the bulk head so the electronics don't get wet??

Since they are small leaks can I just CA glue it??

Secondly, the radio box area is huge, do you guys use that entire thing??

Third, when you put the cowl on, there is an exposed area over the strut, did the original kit have a piece of wood there to keep that scale apperace?? I cut one this morning and liked how it looks so I'll probably be mounting it down somehow.

Lastly, the motor is the older K&B 3.5 engine w/the side carb and airplane exhaust w/venturi. The pipes come straight up on both sides so there's a damned area like a bulk head well behind the drivers seat. But when you sit the cowl down all you see near the rear is an exposed radio box lid and the strut tray. I'd like to fabricate soemething so it looks like one cowl?? Any advice would be great. Pictures would be better. I'll put some up today myself.

Also, the nose it tight, I can fit a 6oz tank in it, what size do you have in yours?

What other things are you using for cowl latches??

Here's what I was looking to do but want something for the rear cowl of the driver to go down to the rear transom or something.

Roddney use West Syestem epoxi to seal the tub and raido box ..You can't go wrong with it... The open area back there is where the driver seat is suppose to be..I guess they must have lost that part of the cowl...

Roy,

take a look at the picture, it looks like that's the way the cowl should have been, right?? I can't find any pictures of anyone who's built the P-n-P boat. Have any pictures of it assembled??

I don't have any pictures of the model but have one of the unlimited in my photo album..Also of a sport boat..

Roy,
take a look at the picture, it looks like that's the way the cowl should have been, right??  I can't find any pictures of anyone who's built the P-n-P boat.  Have any pictures of it assembled??

80245[/snapback]

Rodney,

I happen to have a set of plans that came with mine but I completly changed the inside and the cowl on mine. Would send it to you if you would like

Bob

Bob Howard said:
Roy,
take a look at the picture, it looks like that's the way the cowl should have been, right??  I can't find any pictures of anyone who's built the P-n-P boat.  Have any pictures of it assembled??

80245[/snapback]

Rodney,

I happen to have a set of plans that came with mine but I completly changed the inside and the cowl on mine. Would send it to you if you would like

Bob

80272[/snapback]

Bob that would be great. Let me know how much shipping would be and I can Paypal you or mail you a money order thanks for the offer. At first I got excited thinking it was the cowl not the plans, wishful thinking aahh!....LOL :lol:

my dad has a cowl that he built right before he bought grims cowl if you want it just give me a ring

Bob,

thanks so much for the plans, they came today in the mail.

not2bright,

I'm gonna send the money order out in the mail tomorrow I promise.......gotta say ever since my buddy died I haven't had a whole lot of thought process and have been very forgetful. :unsure:

hey rodney i got in a car accident so i have been messing with that whole deal so i havent got to send the cowl out yet but i if i get off work early enough tomarrow i will get it in the mail. sorry for the hold up. i had a guy hit me doing 40 in a ford ranger and i was in my V-dub bug, he wacked my car up pretty good

hey im ok but i tried to send it today but the post office didnt have nayboxes that it would fit in. so i will make a box on friday and send it off on saturday.

Thanks...I've been wiped out by the flu all last week. Today's my first day back in the real world. Better get my butt to the post office pronto!

Back