Painters. What am I doing wrong?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called and spoke with my PPG dealer yesterday. Here are some of the things that he told me:

1. I was painting outside helping to cause the clear to dry too quickly making it harder to keep the edges wet. I was painting under an EZ up tent with fabricated sides (2 sides) to keep the wind from blowing too much around me. The sides did a good job of blocking the light breeze but it was still there. In addition, the sun was hitting the hull some, too. It's the middle of winter so the sun's rays just aren't too strong.

2. He told me that shooting clear is the hardest thing. You have to be on the ragged edge of getting runs for it to be perfect. In other words, real wet. He said that it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a gun with a 1.2mm needle but that it would shoot more material and I'd have to be even more careful about runs. I told him that I never really had to worry about runs during my spraying. He said that sounded like my paint wasn't going on near wet enough!

Anyway, I just thought that I'd give an update.

Danny

I called and spoke with my PPG dealer yesterday. Here are some of the things that he told me:
1. I was painting outside helping to cause the clear to dry too quickly making it harder to keep the edges wet. I was painting under an EZ up tent with fabricated sides (2 sides) to keep the wind from blowing too much around me. The sides did a good job of blocking the light breeze but it was still there. In addition, the sun was hitting the hull some, too. It's the middle of winter so the sun's rays just aren't too strong.

2. He told me that shooting clear is the hardest thing. You have to be on the ragged edge of getting runs for it to be perfect. In other words, real wet. He said that it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a gun with a 1.2mm needle but that it would shoot more material and I'd have to be even more careful about runs. I told him that I never really had to worry about runs during my spraying. He said that sounded like my paint wasn't going on near wet enough!

Anyway, I just thought that I'd give an update.

Danny
Sounds like good advice...especially the part about the clear to get it slick u want to always be on the edge of running it.

Back