Backlash Fiberglass Cowl

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Jones

Supporting Member
I have to say I’m super impressed with the fiberglass work on the cowl that the Blazers offer for the Backlash. I had to put filler in 3 small spots and one was my fault. The rest was really smooth. I’ve had fiberglass work in the past that required a lot more work. Whoever Bob is using to pull these cowls, nice work! Anyway, a couple pics of the cowl painted with Rustoleum 2x Oasis Blue. Three light coats. It will get a windshield decal and some carbon fiber vinyl graphics down the side. Then I’ll clear with Spraymax 2k. While there’s a little orange peel I’m really pleased at how nice this paint goes on and I LOVE the cost. 9ADE63B3-4D82-4A21-BF38-D20A639F05C9.jpegCCF47A9D-5718-4D1F-A00B-C278D97B6E5D.jpeg5BC9E7ED-FF40-4355-99BD-3FC18A3E6003.jpeg

Rich....hit it with 600 or 800 wet before the clear and it will look like glass....be very light on the sanding pressure, you Don't want to cut through the blue.

Dig the color Rich! Looking forward to seeing your build on the pond. Gary does phenomenal work with the cowlings.

Back