Paint ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Sametz

Supporting Member
I have no problem shooting colors, but there primer is giving me a problem. Mixing 1 part gray prime to 1 part primer catalyst to 1/2 part reducer, it come out with a fuzz in some spots. Want to paint tonight, any help. T Ray :blink: :blink:

lol first of i like the quote of the week.. THAT IS FUNNY.

second.. not enough thinner.

to thick.

mix 1 part a 1 part b 1 part reducer.. even a touch more reducer won't hurt

and just a side note.. the guy at klass cote told me that the WHITE primer CANNOT be painted above 65 degree's.

i found out the hard way.

so if you do end up with white don't heat your shop to 80-90 like we do.

hope i helped.

chris

to thick.

and just a side note.. the guy at klass cote told me that the WHITE primer CANNOT be painted above 65 degree's.

hope i helped.

chris
Thanks Chris, it takes a good one to make my quote of the week!!!!! Hope your Dad's doing well. :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:

to thick.

hope i helped.

chris
Try PPG DP48lf epoxy primer/sealer, and you should be able to spray color within 20-30 minutes. Or, you can let it cure over night, scuff it with scotchbrite, and paint. Works great.

you won't go wrong with the klasskote, just add thinner til it sprays good. start at 1,1,and 1. the white primer works great if its not too hot. we were trying to spray at 90+ degrees, and found that the paint was catylizing at the tip at that temp. the guy at klasscoat said we don't need the white primer for wood, as that is made for metal (cars) to act as a corrison inhibiter. bought some of their white paint and used a flat hardener. it dries very fast and sprays at the hotter temps with no problems, but does not contain the corrrison inhibiter that their white primer has

A little reducer will help, but one of the most common problem is using the wrong needle/air cap for the job, The new HVLP guns a little more sensitive to the right needle. If your spraying primer and it is dry you are most likely don't applying enough material. Is you material set all the way out. if not you could also slow down while applying the primer.

A little reducer will help, but one of the most common problem is using the wrong needle/air cap for the job, The new HVLP guns a little more sensitive to the right needle. If your spraying primer and it is dry you are most likely don't applying enough material. Is you material set all the way out. if not you could also slow down while applying the primer.
If your using a HVLP gravity feed gun, the tip got to be 1.4 some goes to 1.7. But I use a 1.3 fine tip and use thinner to make it spray. Paints I use Dupont NASON and NAPA's crossfire system!!! Both cheaper on the walet!!! A quart of crossfire HP pannel clear is 18.00 and a 1/2 pint of hardner is 8.00. Whats so big about KLasskote paints?? To me there more costly and you pay for shipping. Go to your local paint store there cheaper. I use urothanes automotive paints. I do autobody&paint for aliving.Never had a proublem with both paint systems. Oh PPG and a buget line to called platum good system too.

Back