P.T. Sport 21 setup questions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Martin

:( Finally getting my new PT sport 21 together, and cannot find the setup sheet (lost in moving)

Can anyone help with strut placement, cg, and fuel tank type, and placement?

Any other hints, help would be appreciated also.

Thanks, Greg Martin

Greg Martin said:
:(   Finally getting my new PT sport 21 together, and cannot find the setup sheet (lost in moving)Can anyone help with strut placement, cg, and fuel tank type, and placement?

Thanks, Greg Martin

88342[/snapback]

Greg did you have the front radio box and stealth cowl? what motor will you use?

PHIL T

I have the front radio box, stealth cowl, and am using a CMB greenhead, with cooper pipe.

It's a tight fit!

Greg

Greg Martin said:
I have the front radio box, stealth cowl, and am using a CMB greenhead, with cooper pipe.It's a tight fit!

Greg

88364[/snapback]

Iknow what you mean i am using the cooper pipe on my novirossi21 If you lay the pipe down close to the motor mount the pipe should fit ok without hitting the deck of the cowl. I cut some slots in the cowl deck over the pipe to ventilate it.

You also can cut some of the engine well floor out under the pipe, that will give you about 3/16 more room. Just fill in the gap with some epoxy and filler.

If you want the setup info give me your email address.

Hey Big Bs boat is looking good. is that a power surge tank there? how many oz of fuel will it hold? That should be a good setup.

Mike, have you ever thought about making some L mounts for your cowl latches drilled with the proper holes to mount the spring catches?

Last edited by a moderator:
:D Yeah, I cut the floor, and filled in with epoxy/glass, put a small dish in the floor to fit the pipe. didn't think about venting the cowl there though, makes sense.

Mike, I like Big Bs set up, is that one of your tanks? how big is it? (capacity)

Greg

Hey Mike how has Big B secured the L mounts to the boat. Is it just wood screws into the wood pieces Phil incorporates into the sides there. It takes alot of force to snap the two pieces of the mounts together and I worry about pulling the L mount out of the hull eventually. How do you guys do it.

Martin

Martin Lovsund said:
Hey Mike how has Big B secured the L mounts to the boat. Is it just wood screws into the wood pieces Phil incorporates into the sides there.  It takes alot of force to snap the two pieces of the mounts together and I worry about pulling the L mount out of the hull eventually. How do you guys do it.
Martin

88455[/snapback]

I have used Grims cowl mounts on my boat since it was built last year.

The mounts should hold fine, it is 1/8th ply under the two lays of epoxy glass, If you really want to make it stronger you could ca a piece of 1/16 ply to the inside of the engine well to fasten the L mounts.

Still think Grim should make the L mounts, hint hint

Anyone use other ways to hold the cowl down? snap latches or magnets or velcro?

PHIL

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Martin said:
:(   Finally getting my new PT sport 21 together, and cannot find the setup sheet (lost in moving)Can anyone help with strut placement, cg, and fuel tank type, and placement?

Thanks, Greg Martin

88342[/snapback]

Sent the setup info to you hope you get it going.

For you guys that have the SuperSport21 sport hydro.

The strut setting was changed in the setup info after testing a racing last season.

The strut setup I have is 1 1/6 deep strut flat on the table. Measure this depth from table to bottom of hull.

Of course the final setting depends on boat balance and prop.

I USE AN L BRACKET HELD ON BY SERVO TAPE AND SOME VELCRO ON TOP. JUST LAY THE COWL ON AND YOUR READY TO GO.

Thanks for the info, Phil. It is greatly appreciated.

See you at some D4 north races this year?

Greg

Sport Racers,

The tank that we have in the boat is just short of 9oz. The really trick to this setup is the header.. take a close look.. it sets the pipe at the right distance to the clear the radio box.

The radio box parts were cut on my CNC machine and feature a one bolt hold down design. Unscrew one bolt and the box slides out. Great for cleaning the boat.

Grim

As for the hold down mounts. I guess we could make them. Its just a HUGE time crunch right now and if anybody needed them it would be MONTHS before we could fit them in.

Grimracer said:
As for the hold down mounts. I guess we could make them. Its just a HUGE time crunch right now and if anybody needed them it would be MONTHS before we could fit them in.

88715[/snapback]

Hey isnt that the way it goes :D

I just now finished up what i had to do for boat orders. Maybe now i can get a new sport40 built and redo the scale Atlas so it will race better, and rig up a 67 microburst, and make myself a new sport21 for the Mac 21 i have, and finish a 40 roundnose i traded for two years ago, and i know there is something else :lol:

P THOMAS said:
Greg Martin said:
I have the front radio box, stealth cowl, and am using a CMB greenhead, with cooper pipe.It's a tight fit!

Greg

88364[/snapback]

Iknow what you mean i am using the cooper pipe on my novirossi21 If you lay the pipe down close to the motor mount the pipe should fit ok without hitting the deck of the cowl. I cut some slots in the cowl deck over the pipe to ventilate it.

You also can cut some of the engine well floor out under the pipe, that will give you about 3/16 more room. Just fill in the gap with some epoxy and filler.

88392[/snapback]

Hi Phil,

Hows that Cooper pipe workin? Sure would like to try that. Come on

down to the pond Apr. 24th.

P THOMAS said:
Grimracer said:

88715[/snapback]

Hey isnt that the way it goes :D

I just now finished up what i had to do for boat orders. Maybe now i can get a new sport40 built and redo the scale Atlas so it will race better, and rig up a 67 microburst, and make myself a new sport21 for the Mac 21 i have, and finish a 40 roundnose i traded for two years ago, and i know there is something else :lol:

88734[/snapback]

Phil,

A 67 Microburst? You have to bring that to the pond sooon.

mark voorhies said:
P THOMAS said:
Greg Martin said:

Greg

88364[/snapback]

88392[/snapback]

Hi Phil,

Hows that Cooper pipe workin? Sure would like to try that. Come on

down to the pond Apr. 24th.

88736[/snapback]

The new 21 cooper works really well on the novi rossi thats in the sport21.

I have one for a mac21 too same pipe but a bit longer header.

mark voorhies said:
Phil,

A 67 Microburst? You have to bring that to the pond sooon.

88737[/snapback]

OK I got tired of beating up you guys with the Seaducer, decided to give the microburst another try, this one is orange on white too, so you still know what boat im driving and can adjust your course away from me :blink:

Back