• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

oval boat held record 10 years

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Finch

Supporting Member
I still have the picco 67 powered oval rigger I set the oval record with almost 10 years ago. Martin Truex took the record this past year so I started stealing parts from my boat. The motor just needs a good flush. It is modified by myself and did 17.036 seconds in two laps for the 1/3rd mile impba oval record. Oct 25th 2003. The boat is untouched except.................I removed the strut and rudder to put on an electric saw boat. They are standard square strut from Andy Brown and his rudder too. I have the shaft and prop and will include with the boat. You just need to cut a new shaft tube, add strut and rudder. Brackets are still in place. The receiver and battery are not in the boat but servos are still in place. Tuned pipe has a ding in it, but that is how it was when the record was set. Why change it if it works. Engine has rpm rod and OS max carb. Notched exhaust and ports are set at angle to get a good burn.

8.6 second laps are hard to drive and the water MUST be glass smooth. As is for $600.00. USA only and paypal only. I will pay shipping.

John

saw boat.png

Latest posts

Back