Outrigger engine building

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaetano Ferri

Hi everybody,

I joined this forum just a couple of days ago, it's great and you can find plenty of information.

I'm new to boat modelling but not to engine design and construction as I daily work on powertrains.

I was impressed by the design and tech features of the engines used in outriggers and I would like to build one.

I have the workshop equipment for doing that but I would like to start from a proven design before making mistakes on model engine design topics I don't know in details.

Could anyone help me to find or advise a source for nitro engine plans?

Thanks

Gaetano

Hi everybody,

I joined this forum just a couple of days ago, it's great and you can find plenty of information.

I'm new to boat modelling but not to engine design and construction as I daily work on powertrains.

I was impressed by the design and tech features of the engines used in outriggers and I would like to build one.

I have the workshop equipment for doing that but I would like to start from a proven design before making mistakes on model engine design topics I don't know in details.

Thanks

Gaetano
Gaetano,

Choose what size you want to build and then purchase a new engine and take it apart to see all of the important details.

Many of the important details will not be found on any plans or in any engine program. Most manufactures do not even have plans

that show the important details.

Andy Brown ~ designer of record holding MAC engines

Hi everybody,

Thanks

Gaetano
Gaetano,

Choose what size you want to build and then purchase a new engine and take it apart to see all of the important details.

Many of the important details will not be found on any plans or in any engine program. Most manufactures do not even have plans

that show the important details.

Andy Brown ~ designer of record holding MAC engines

Andy,

I know that some details are the manufacturer's know how and they come from years of testing and trials and they can't be shown on the plans.

I already had a close look to RC car engines. I will try to follow your advice.

Thanks a lot

Gaetano

gaetano

you might check this out as well.. jim allen is his name.. very sharp guy with lots of talent, he build alot of his own engines and or parts for them

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10141

Thanks Chris,

there are lots of useful information.

For sure I don't have Jim's talent and skills.

That's my first attempt to build a nitro engine and I know I will make mistakes before succeeding.

These information will be helpful to minimize errors.

i had the pleasure of meeting jim this year at our d-12 greensboro race. VERY knowledgable man, & more than willing to share what he knows. he is also just a nice guy to bs with, i enjoyed the time we spent just talking. also, the ONLY person i have had offer to pay for a boat that they hit........everyone else just says "sorry, my bad" & walks away.

i had the pleasure of meeting jim this year at our d-12 greensboro race. VERY knowledgable man, & more than willing to share what he knows. he is also just a nice guy to bs with, i enjoyed the time we spent just talking. also, the ONLY person i have had offer to pay for a boat that they hit........everyone else just says "sorry, my bad" & walks away.
Brad Christy and Rod Garghty.

I understand. Usually who knows to know has no fear to share his knowledge and they are the most enjoyable guys.

Latest posts

Back