Outboard Pipe Makers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim

Andy told me they are running .280 stinger... I figure .290-.295 -.300 to match the .295 carb.. Some are running a .340 carb, but I don't see how, with the high rotor timing, it does not run lean..

Butch

Last edited by a moderator:
waterbug said:
Tim
Andy told me they are running .280 stinger...  I figure .290-.295 -.300 to match the .295 carb..  Some are running a .340 carb, but I don't see how, with the high rotor timing, it does not run lean..

Butch

113027[/snapback]

Butch, I'm running a .340 bore D&J carb and it is much smoother than the stock .300 carb.

Joe

Jimmy Eddleman has a .340 he said I could try.... He's sending some pipes to me to try... Still waiting on them......if they don't show this week I guess it's a SPP NR-HP or Gadget pipe...

I have tons of R's but no prop turning power at all X438-440 but a big drop in R's & speed with 1440 BC - X640 2.7-2.8 reduced

I guess the HTB at 8''s I'm not getting on the pipe hard enough... :lol:

Butch

waterbug said:
Joe
Jimmy Eddleman has a .340 he said I could try....  He's sending some pipes to me to try...  Still waiting on them......if they don't show this week I guess it's a SPP NR-HP or Gadget pipe...

I have tons of R's but no prop turning power at all X438-440 but a big drop in R's & speed with 1440 BC - X640 2.7-2.8 reduced   

Butch

113033[/snapback]

Butch, the 2 best props I've used are the x442 and the 40x52. The RPMs are the same as the 1440BC but the boat runs free. We just got the boat trimmed out right last weekend and it's turning up a ton of R's.

Dave,

The pipes that are being tested at this time are the new seamless Cooper Outboard Pipes. These pipes are unlike any aluminum Outboard pipes on the market. The divergence cone has a nice smooth "seamless" taper all the way to the convergence cone. The convergence cone is spun and welded on.

It comes in a little heavier overall weight than a typical aluminum stamped pipe but the performance well makes up for the added weight difference. This pipe is not yet ready to manufacture but it is already a very impressive pipe.

If you would like to get in contact with the Southeastern dealer for this pipe, call John Otto at Technology Hobbies.

His shop number there is: (813) 651-1840 John is running the Lynx/Mac/Lawless/ABC 40-53 (pitched up) & the 1440/Cooper Pipe combination. Ask him or anybody who has seen his boat run how the Cooper pipe is performing.

-Carl,

Carl

I have two of the copper pipes you are talking about. working great on the nova rossi.

I had heard that he was going to send a couple that way but didn't know who was going to get them. Okay, sounds great! You will probably see a lot more of them soon.

-Carl,

I won't get one of those pipes before the " Shootout ".....

40x53/3 or 40x52 pitched up ??

Butch

Waterbug

A 40/52 3 blade is to much prop for a 3.5. The 40/53 is working great .

Dave Roach

Dave

I could not remember wich one was a 3 blade.... What kind of pitch are you running ?

dave roach said:
WaterbugA 40/52 3 blade is to much prop for a 3.5.

113082[/snapback]

Not true at all, I have run the fastest I have ever run (heat race trim) with a 40/52/3 blade, you just have to make it work, and have some decent HP.

VERY fast props

~James

topfuel443 said:
dave roach said:
WaterbugA 40/52 3 blade is to much prop for a 3.5.

113082[/snapback]

Not true at all, I have run the fastest I have ever run (heat race trim) with a 40/52/3 blade, you just have to make it work, and have some decent HP.

VERY fast props

~James

113109[/snapback]

I do not think you can paint with a broad brush regarding props. It depends on the boat, motor, pipe... For instance, I'm running a prop on my d mono that nobody else is running. Most would say it's way too big but it works with my setup.

dave roach said:
CarlI have two of the copper pipes you are talking about. working great on the nova rossi.

113071[/snapback]

Dave,

I spoke to Lynn Cooper today and learned that there were only 2 of these pipes made and Otto has both of them at this time. These pipes are seamless "J" shaped pipes.

They will be raced at the Shootout.

-Carl,

Joe_Knesek said:
waterbug said:
Joe
Jimmy Eddleman has a .340 he said I could try....  He's sending some pipes to me to try...  Still waiting on them......if they don't show this week I guess it's a SPP NR-HP or Gadget pipe...

Butch

113033[/snapback]

Butch, the 2 best props I've used are the x442 and the 40x52. The RPMs are the same as the 1440BC but the boat runs free. We just got the boat trimmed out right last weekend and it's turning up a ton of R's.

113045[/snapback]

Butch,

I was very impressed with the 40x52 2 blade - the prop gave the MAC / Lynx a good feel and seems like an ideal heat race prop. This prop with the SPP NR21OB had a really good balance, and seemed less mixture critical than other combinations we tried also.

Tim.

The next shipment of SPP NR21OB pipes should be in the US in around 14 days.

Mark from Props 4 U should have them available then. He has placed a good order but they are going very quickly.

Dave

waterbug said:
Carl
Any idea when we can expect a release of the pipe ??

Butch

113176[/snapback]

Even though the go ahead has been given from a testing stand point, Cooper wants to get some race time on the pipe. The Shootout should give some good feedback on how it stacks up to other pipes.

-Carl,

HI Carl

I see the new pipe is working real well from the results not in the top three.

dave roach said:
HI CarlI see the new pipe is working real well from the results not in the top three.

114968[/snapback]

The Cooper Pipe is very fast and has great midrange torque. Everybody that saw it run could see that. Coopers pipes will be on all our Modified 3.5cc boats as soon as we can get that many made and sent to us.

If you want other opinions, call Jeff Whiddon, John Otto, Mike Rushing, Ron Drake, Mike Talley, Randy Primo, Kevin Lee, Tommy Cordosa or Gene Mongar. I am sure they will all tell you the same thing.

-Carl,

If that pipe was on Mike Talley's boat then the pipe was working well. Mike made up over half a lap and was able to make the pass stick and take the first round win on the class winning boat. Part of it was that Mike's boat was handling the turns a little better than Steve's in that heat but Mike's boat had good straightaway speed also. I was calling for Steve and saw it first hand. Mike's boat had the pace to win this past weekend but Lady Luck was not on his side.

-Bobby

VansRacing said:
dave roach said:
HI CarlI see the new pipe is working real well from the results not in the top three.

114968[/snapback]

The Cooper Pipe is very fast and has great midrange torque. Everybody that saw it run could see that. Coopers pipes will be on all our Modified 3.5cc boats as soon as we can get that many made and sent to us.

If you want other opinions, call Jeff Whiddon, John Otto, Mike Rushing, Ron Drake, Mike Talley, Randy Primo, Kevin Lee, Tommy Cordosa or Gene Mongar. I am sure they will all tell you the same thing.

-Carl,

115101[/snapback]

Back