Outboard Motor verses Inboard Motor that acts like an Outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. From what I'm getting this needs to play itself out. I think IMPBA clarifications are definetly in order here. Let's see what the others say as I am totally open for suggestions. I am happy to start the process for a complete class rule clarification but an appendix that describes and clarifies the term outboard would be the easiest and first place to start.

If I mounted my os on the front of my lynx it would still be a outboard !

This thing is way out of hand , I race once a year and I love tunnels .

No matter how you look at my boat, the motor is not inside it is on the outside

So by you guys definition it is a outboard end of story.

Ron if you have a problem with this setup thats fine ,there will always be people that have problem with anything that's different,

There where people that thought this way about my Mac 84 on a lawless , but I still did it anyway ,

This is just my opinion

If it wasn't for out of the box thinking we wouldn't have novarossie outboards ,cmb rs 45 as outboards ,lawless drives , Evan the boats have changed ,guess I should put a K&B on it and everybody would be happier ,not happy , it hard to please some people

Thanks Shane

Ron if you have a problem with this setup thats fine ,there will always be people that have problem with anything that's different,

There where people that thought this way about my Mac 84 on a lawless , but I still did it anyway ,

This is just my opinion

If it wasn't for out of the box thinking we wouldn't have novarossie outboards ,cmb rs 45 as outboards ,lawless drives , Evan the boats have changed ,guess I should put a K&B on it and everybody would be happier ,not happy , it hard to please some people

Thanks Shane
Shane,

Nope. Has to be on the transom. I guess if you want to drive your boat backwards it would work...... ;) Good luck with that one. I'm all for outta box thinking, just keep it within the rules. If you want to run outboards, run outboards. If you want to run inboards, run inboards. We don't have the time or rules for crossovers..... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

This is just my opinion

Thanks Shane

Haha knowing you, a K&B on the back of your boat wouldn't even stop all the controversy. I could easily see Shane showing up at the pond with .67 K&B case bored out to fit a 1.01 CMB sleeve, mounted to a gear box super charger, with nitrous ready on the 3rd channel, all while he's on the driver stand grinning from ear to ear when he pulls off a back-flip the length of the front straightaway. :lol:

This should be the question ,can I run this setup at the 2012 WORLD TUNNEL CHAMPS

That's it if they let the setup run than I will if they say I can,t I won't

I still have another boat you have to race against

Shane

You know what, I have not seen the boat in question, No one has posted any pictures. I would say that a picture and a poll is needed just to see everyone's honest opinion. The reason being, like I stated before, I would hate to see another nitro class suffer, we O/B racers are better then that. Plus I hate to form an opinion on some thing that I have not seen.

There not that many E/F tunnel anyway so your not thinking of the another nitro class suffering, because if so more the marrier

Shane, im not speaking from Charleston Model Boater's standpoint, as I am no longer a member, but in my opinion, it is legal based on the rulebook we currently have in IMPBA. Your best bet would be to clarify it with the CD of that race, although im not sure who that is yet.

Our Technical commity in IMPBA I believe is MIA currently, and even then it will just depend on who you talk to.

As a side note to all involved with this thread, please keep it civil. You can have a hearty discussion and debate without slinging any mud. Everything up to this point is good to go, but I will moderate it heavily if I need to.

Thanks Gabe for the info

I think i'am going to leave this tread for now, it's making me what to drink

This is as bad as the os sport or stock debate

Shane

This should be the question ,can I run this setup at the 2012 WORLD TUNNEL CHAMPS That's it if they let the setup run than I will if they say I can,t I won't

Shane
Shane,

I would bring your conventional outboard, and beat us with that, unless you are just into drama. One thing I can assure you, from the results of this thread and ALL of the calls and PM's I have received about this setup you described, and if it is like Otto's, if you bring that to the race it WILL be protested soon after the very first heat, guaranteed. Many non-outboard people are wondering about what all the fuss is about. Would you post pictures of your setup and boat for the rest to see? Thanks.

Thanks Gabe for the info I think i'am going to leave this tread for now, it's making me what to drink

This is as bad as the os sport or stock debate

Shane
Shane,

You just had to go there didn't you?????......hahahahahahaha..... ;)

Shane, im not speaking from Charleston Model Boater's standpoint, as I am no longer a member, but in my opinion, it is legal based on the rulebook we currently have in IMPBA. Your best bet would be to clarify it with the CD of that race, although im not sure who that is yet.
Our Technical commity in IMPBA I believe is MIA currently, and even then it will just depend on who you talk to.

As a side note to all involved with this thread, please keep it civil. You can have a hearty discussion and debate without slinging any mud. Everything up to this point is good to go, but I will moderate it heavily if I need to.
Gabe says this AFTER he finished beating me over the head with a stick to keep me in line!!!!! I wish you would have warned me sooner......... :eek:

Sorry everyone......including Mr. Otto......... ;) I am just dumbfounded that we are debating the meaning of the word OUTBOARD!!! I wonder what our founding IMPBA members are thinking now? I guess a glossary is in order.......... ;)

Just to point out exactly what the rule book states about engine protests. I have highlighted what I see as key points in this discussion in red type.

c. All reviewing and measuring will be done in conjunction with the "IMPBA Engine

Rules" as written. These rules are the law and the only grounds for Protest.

This is from section K of the current/posted IMPBA rule book.

James "Devils advocate" Clegg

This should be the question ,can I run this setup at the 2012 WORLD TUNNEL CHAMPS That's it if they let the setup run than I will if they say I can,t I won't

Shane
Shane,

I would bring your conventional outboard, and beat us with that, unless you are just into drama. One thing I can assure you, from the results of this thread and ALL of the calls and PM's I have received about this setup you described, and if it is like Otto's, if you bring that to the race it WILL be protested soon after the very first heat, guaranteed. Many non-outboard people are wondering about what all the fuss is about. Would you post pictures of your setup and boat for the rest to see? Thanks.

How many is us

Thanks

If I get protested and officials check the setup and say it ok , what then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back