outboard covers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbnate804

anybody run there outboards with a cover on em? the covers that make the motors look like the real life outboard motors. looked pretty cool but looked like it'd be more trouble then anything else. any thoughts, pictures, or maybe a place that sells em.

nate

International Hobbies used to make engines and covers but they were grossly expensive. If you ever had to pull the powerhead and lower cover on one of these engines, then you know that it was not worth it. DPI made some that would fit on a 3.5 I think. They are cool to look at with the boat on the shelf, but you know we are always inspecting the engines after every run, looking for loose bolts and linkages etc. Also I don't think it would be wise to put one on an air cooled motor, especially in the summer.

well you hit it right on the head with a lot of things in my case. just got a nice paint job done and was looking at doing something for the motor while on the stand. don't hardcore race it and its watercooled. aeromarine had one on the shelf but they wanted 55 to make it(wouldn't sell me the one that'd been sittin there since forever) and then i'd still hvae to find paint and decals.

nate

bbnate804 said:
anybody run there outboards with a cover on em?  the covers that make the motors look like the real life outboard motors.  looked pretty cool but looked like it'd be more trouble then anything else.  any thoughts, pictures, or maybe a place that sells em.
nate

105153[/snapback]

Nate,

If you don't want anything fancy but want to keep your engine clean, here's a real simple and inexpensive way to go. My wife made mine by folding a face towel over once, sewing one end closed making a hood looking thing. Just drape it over your engine. It will cover all of the engine plus most of the lower unit. I had different colors for my different boat colors.

Just a thought.

Back