Ouch!! OS outboard price increase.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the value of the almighty $ has gone to "heck", it's not a surprise to see increases like this.

well iv seen them here in australia at local hobby shops for $500.00 aus

and that was 12 months ago

yeah but we get the crappy end of the stick down here :angry: thats why we all import most of our stuff.

If its got the ABC liner id be happy to pay 50 bucks extra. much better liner! ;)

hummm, Aqua comes with a new tunnel hull---OS outboard shoots up in price---makes ya wonder
Makes ya wonder about what? The OS increase happened several months ago. As Piper Chuck said, the dollar is in the toilet incase you guys havent noticed. Being a Japanese company, in order for OS to keep the same or close to the same profit margin on engines, it has to increase the retail pricing when priced in dollars. You think OS is going to take a hit on profit just because the US is fighting a losing economic battle? I dont think so. That coupled with the global increase in raw materials (aluminum, steel) I am surprised it didnt happen sooner and a whole lot bigger of an increase. Just be glad they arent made in Europe with the new "almighty" currency the Euro or else we would be paying CMB prices. Even at 350, its still a heck of a deal for the outboard guys. Seriously, lets think a little before we start bashing manufacturers who are helping the hobby by offering race capable hulls by blaming them for a totally unrelated price increase from a completely separate company like OS.

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
hummm, Aqua comes with a new tunnel hull---OS outboard shoots up in price---makes ya wonder
Makes ya wonder about what? The OS increase happened several months ago. As Piper Chuck said, the dollar is in the toilet incase you guys havent noticed. Being a Japanese company, in order for OS to keep the same or close to the same profit margin on engines, it has to increase the retail pricing when priced in dollars. You think OS is going to take a hit on profit just because the US is fighting a losing economic battle? I dont think so. That coupled with the global increase in raw materials (aluminum, steel) I am surprised it didnt happen sooner and a whole lot bigger of an increase. Just be glad they arent made in Europe with the new "almighty" currency the Euro or else we would be paying CMB prices. Even at 350, its still a heck of a deal for the outboard guys. Seriously, lets think a little before we start bashing manufacturers who are helping the hobby by offering race capable hulls by blaming them for a totally unrelated price increase from a completely separate company like OS.

~James
Well said James ;)

Do you know anything of the rumor I heard of the new OS obs having an ABC sleeve?

kinda off subject here, but has anyone else heard the rumor about tower bringing a new ob to the market?

Toyo...

dude.. come one man.. this is the wrong fourm for that kind of s......

I gota ask.. tell me about your OB boat? What motor do you race right now, what hull..?

Also tunnel racers..

No chance for a ABC PL for the OS OB.. sorry

Also no news on any kind of new OB... sorry guys

Grim

Hey Gang,

I manufacture Stainless Marine Hardware for the OEM marine industry.

Here is just one example of what material costs are doing.

Lets use a one foot piece of Domestic 16ga. type 316L polished stainless tube.

02'-$0.99

04'-$1.52

05'-$1.95

06'-$2.40

07'-$2.97

08'-$2.90 nickel costs are now declining. :)

Now add in the declining value of the Dollar and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out WE HAVE A PROBLEM HERE that NEEDS to be fixed. B)

Ok new out board ? At one time i had saw a new one that was suposed to be on the market at a race the first world tunnel boat champs. now i also know that this was a protype motor form Jim Irwin aportless motor. Now i know he is up their in age has anyone herd anymore about that outboard motor?

allen amick

Ok new out board ? At one time i had saw a new one that was suposed to be on the market at a race the first world tunnel boat champs. now i also know that this was a protype motor form Jim Irwin aportless motor. Now i know he is up their in age has anyone herd anymore about that outboard motor?
allen amick

From what I was told, including from Jim 2 years ago, he could not get a desireable production effort sealed and it as not done. With his poor health now, it is unlikely it will ever happen. That is a shame as it was a well conceived engine.

Latest posts

Back