OT- Would somebody please just shoot me?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, try climbing into 75 pounds of firefighting gear and fighting a fire in this weather. I am off today and plan to stay in and soak up all the AC I can!

I love to hear the yankees whine about heat and humidity... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You guy's have no clue...come live in Houston year round...you'll know what heat and humidity are all about....

Man, another hot day. 105......left work early. Got a boat out, threw it in, sweated my nads off, than jumped in to cool off. Continued the cycle for 10 min than went inside to really cool off. Fell asleep, woke up, and ran some more. A thunder boomer stopped the cycle. And it did not RAIN>>>> AHHH.

I love to hear the yankees whine about heat and humidity... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You guy's have no clue...come live in Houston year round...you'll know what heat and humidity are all about....
There's a good reason we don't want to live in Houston or in Hell. Think about it. You have a choice. :p

You guys in the south don't have frost on your "pumpkins" in the winter either and love it while we're up here up to our rears in snow.

I can't one-up the rest of you but it was 98.1 yesterday in front of the fan at work and when working on the machine when it broke down it was only 137.9 according to my infrared digital thermometer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's 5:45 PM and it's 104 in Charlotte. One more day of this and I need somebody to just put me out of my misery.
Scotty boy, Come on to Memphis, I have been inside a 1600 CFM 350 psi portable compressor most of the day running @ 235-240 degrees about 6` from a 900 hp diesel with twin turbo`s whistleing, 8` fan blade bring the air off the coolers...... 105 would make it feel like the air conditioner was On...... the temps will break the carbon lenses in your personal glasses. or maybe its the Noise..... Anyways... it would tweak the Sxit out of a good DB meter..... :lol: :lol:

Jeez, what exactly do you do Joe ? Besides work inside a big azz-loud-windy- hot -noisy compressor. I gotta know ??

And yeah it was August hot in Tampa today. Been here 40 years now, nothing changes, we ***** when its hot (and as fickle weather Floridians), we ***** when its cold. Well cool I will say, to avoid being bitched out by the northern folk here.You can keep your snow and anything below 30 deg... LOL .

Later, Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
boy, i feel for you guys-NOT :lol: :lol: ! i lived in tallahassee, fl. for about 30 years. the only place i've seen 100% humidity, and it's not raining :eek: . grew up in miami, that was much better. this morning at 5:30 am, it was 62 at my house :D . we slept with the windows open. still don't know why it took me 49 years to get out of fla :blink: . btw, i work as an auto tech, my shop has ac!!! worked one place in tally, main shop door was right on busy street. i've seen that shop be 112 by 10 am. sux to be you. sorry 'bout my attitude. it's taken me a lot of years to realize i CAN change some parts of my life. getting harder to feel sorry for people that stay put and fuss. must be getting old :lol: :eek: :lol: .

haha i hear that. I grew up in miami and ft.lauderdale and dont miss it (until winter sets in now lol). had a shop in ft.laud that was all concrete with a concrete ceiling.. 100+ every day, and with a 5000btu a/c, the heat still overpowered it until the sun went down. :blink:

Been mid-high 90's up here in the mountains (north GA) with 40+% humidity...sure wish it would rain here :(

You guys know that the housing market here in San Diego is in a huge tail spin? That means you all can soon come here and buy a house and quit complaining about the 75* weather :D

The problem just seems to be that you just in the wrong country ......

come down to Oz - beautiful day 22 degrees C (71 in your strange scale ) gentle breeze , nice sunshine ........

Although this is our winter ... bit of concern of what summer is gonna bring <_<

Andrew

You guys know that the housing market here in San Diego is in a huge tail spin? That means you all can soon come here and buy a house and quit complaining about the 75* weather :D
While our housing market is booming (very small area) I guees I need to shut-up and sweat a little.

I am on my way just talk my daughter and wife into it and I will be set. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back