OT DONT MESS WITH TEXAS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they were indeed illegals then there will probably be no wrongful death lawsuits. However if that was not the case he is open to wrongful death lawsuits for 2 people. Not saying he would be conviced but the legal bills could be Huge!

Curt
Good for Mr. Horn. If more states had the same laws as Texas this might be a safer country to live in. I guaranty if that is me in that same situation with one of my neighbors the out come would be very similar. The laws in this country have been written to protect the average citizen but also protects the common criminals with rights that they should not have. As a life member of the NRA and a US citizen we need to watch our P&Qs our we will lose our right to bear arms but the criminals will still have there weapons, then how safe will we all feel if this happens. I am not trying, nor do I want to start a huge argument and or dispute on this thread this is just my 2 cents worth.

I think it's outstanding that you are allowed to stop these pieces of crap in there tracks !! Liberal fags will argue they were denied their due process ...they should have thought about that before they decided to violate a mans house !! Screw them , blow 'em away and save a lot of money and BS . BTW the newscaster is a jackass !!!

If all the 'would be robbers' thought there might be a Mr. Horn in every house things would be a little different!

Dont mess with Texas!LOL Guess they had it coming.How would you feal coming home and having your stuff stolen?

These two were illegal cockroaches to boot.
What does it mater if they were illegals,thieves are thieves and they were asked to stop. He just made them drop n roll. I hope it turns out ok for Mr.Horn Deadly force should not have been needed but if people dont understand what happens when you steal its needed to show the next hoodlems it could happen

Doesnt make any sense that he didnt get any penalty for killing 2 people that werent even on his property. A simple shot to the leg to those guys wouldve been just as effective. Nobody has the right to take the life of another even if they deserve it.

Two thumbs up for Mr. Horn!! I can't really see my neighbors house's to well from my place but they wouldn't have a snow balls chance in hell if they came to my house.

Doesnt make any sense that he didnt get any penalty for killing 2 people that werent even on his property. A simple shot to the leg to those guys wouldve been just as effective. Nobody has the right to take the life of another even if they deserve it.
That's an interesting contradiction you just wrote. On the one hand you're suggesting he should get the death penalty, meaning someone would kill him, while on the other you say "nobody has the right to take the life of another..." Which is it? If a person is about to harm me or my family, especially my family, I will do whatever it takes to protect them. And if I ever got to the point where shooting was the only option, I'm not going to be aiming for the legs...

i'm with you, chuck. if shooting becomes the only option for saving me or my family, the legs aren't in my sights....... i live waaaaay out in the country, a 12 gauge semi auto browning by the bed, & an 18 shot .22 cal. semi auto in the closet by the front door. as much for protecting the horses from bears as for punks. don't ever want to have to use them on a person, but save ass is save ass, imo!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You never shoot to wound, you shoot to stop.I was a cop for over 6 years and you would never try to cripple someone you just want to stop them. ;) ;)

They did came on to his property and threathen mr horn!! That would be a good cause to shot them.We dont know if they had any weppons? Plus I bet they had long arrest records plus Bet they been deported before too. I was hoping the Mr Horn would win!! That great!! We more of him around!! Cops arent doing there jobs!! They go around and pic on the stupped things and the old saying goes,if you want a cop call the doughnut shop!! I got a Turious 8 round stainless pistol!! Most people think would think its a 6 shooter!!guess what its not. I got it when I had troubles with two stockers.So I'd got it for personal prection.

It's Mr Glock for me. Model 23C with 2ea 13rd mags under the other shoulder. Have permit and will/do carry. 3 1/2" 12 ga and .223 AR with 40gr HP in the house. As Nitrotwin said, never shoot to wound OR kill, only to stop the threat. If the threat is stopped permanently, so much the better. Also, if you ever have to shoot someone, you are 90% likely to be sued. The perpetrators prior record does not matter, he was always "a poor misunderstood person, and wasn't about to hurt anyone". If he survives, he will sue; if he doesn't, his family may. There are many lawyers that will do a wrongful death suit on contingency basis. Much better to have only 1 side of the story.

The standard in TN is what a "reasonable and prudent" person would do. Fearing for your life is reasonable and prudent; and if you were in fear for your (or someone else's) life it is almost always a justifiable to use deadly force. Just be sure the evidence at the scene supports your story (i.e. the kitchen knife or other weapon near by with his prints on it, not shot in the back unless in the front also (spun around after the first shot, and I always use a double tap), no powder burns on him unless your story is that he was less than 3 feet away, etc.)

I carry to protect myself and my family, and I pray that I never have to use it; but am prepared to do so (mentally, emotionally, and physically)if necessary.

It's Mr Glock for me. Model 23C with 2ea 13rd mags under the other shoulder. Have permit and will/do carry. 3 1/2" 12 ga and .223 AR with 40gr HP in the house. As Nitrotwin said, never shoot to wound OR kill, only to stop the threat. If the threat is stopped permanently, so much the better. Also, if you ever have to shoot someone, you are 90% likely to be sued. The perpetrators prior record does not matter, he was always "a poor misunderstood person, and wasn't about to hurt anyone". If he survives, he will sue; if he doesn't, his family may. There are many lawyers that will do a wrongful death suit on contingency basis. Much better to have only 1 side of the story.
The standard in TN is what a "reasonable and prudent" person would do. Fearing for your life is reasonable and prudent; and if you were in fear for your (or someone else's) life it is almost always a justifiable to use deadly force. Just be sure the evidence at the scene supports your story (i.e. the kitchen knife or other weapon near by with his prints on it, not shot in the back unless in the front also (spun around after the first shot, and I always use a double tap), no powder burns on him unless your story is that he was less than 3 feet away, etc.)

I carry to protect myself and my family, and I pray that I never have to use it; but am prepared to do so (mentally, emotionally, and physically)if necessary.
Texas law specifically says that a citizen has the right to use deadly force to prevent the consequences of theft at night. I worked for years as a police officer here, and I also agree that you only shoot to stop the perp. PERMANENTLY!

Yup im with you there. I carry a Keltek 380 on me at all times, and have high powered pistols and rifles through out my house. I know what its like to come home and find everything worth something stolen, priceless or not... and its not something that sits well in your gut, and id hope nobody i know and care about ever has to go through the same thing. I dont care how rough times are for someone, if you are cold blooded enough to try and take something from me, and pose a threat to me or my family, you have no reason to continue to live on the same soil i do, and will do whatever is needed to insure that person will never cause someone the same heartache.

It is very important to know the laws where you are at. TN law does not have any property protection provisions, only protection of life or harm. It sounds like TX is ahead on that count, I wish all states had such provisions. It's a known fact that criminals don't fear the police or judicial system; but they do fear being shot by the homeowner.

But I don't think the TX criminal property law will protect the shooter from a civil suit. Attorneys will find a way to sue if there is something in it for them. Hopefully a reasonable judge hears the frivolous civil suit and throws it out.

if i were to have to shoot someone, i don't think anyone would know...... just leave him lay, & the bears might "remove" the evidence by morning...... while my .22 might not be a good weapon for stopping power, 19 shot total capacity would make an impression, when you empty the magazine! if the situation gets real crazy, i'll reach for the 7mm mag! never liked pistols, only good for killing, imho. owning a 'hunting' rifle or 5 can't be misconstrued as "intent" by some shyster. don't laugh, it happened here in va. a man shot someone in his garage at night. because he only owned a pistol, it was argued that the only reason he had it was to shoot someone. the lawyer for the "victim's" family claimed because the homeowner didn't hunt, the ONLY reason he had a pistol was to shoot someone. well, DUH!!!!! just figure it's one less bunch of crap i'd have to deal with, if it ever happens, and i pray it NEVER does.

Back