OS XM lives

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Clock Guy

I know late breaking news, but after talking with the guys at the Great Planes booth in Toledo, OS will be bring back the XM outboard :D

They plan to have it ready for the IMPBA internats this year.

You are a little late. They came out at the end of December last year. I think we have five of them in stock.

Jerry Dunlap said:
Re:  who is "WE"
That would be Phil's Hobby Shop, 1722 Lake Ave., Ft. Wayne, IN 46805.

JD

95274[/snapback]

Jerry,

Is Ray Powell driving that boat?

Carl,

Jerry Dunlap said:
Carl, If you are referring to the photo in Bob's postings, I'm not sure who is driving that boat.  I just thought it was Bob. 

JD

95300[/snapback]

Jerry,

No, I was not talking about Bob's posting. I am sure by judging from the angle of that tunnel... that it probably is good ole Bob driving that boat. :)

I was talking about the "Great Planes" driver. Who will be driving that boat at the Nationals?

Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
My avatar is Guido Cappellini doing his trademark transom stand. He does this everytime he wins a race. It is awesome to see!

Clockguy,

Do you know who is driving the O/S powered boat sponsored by Great Planes?

Carl,

krpnova said:
You are a little late. They came out at the end of December last year. I think we have five of them in stock.
95266[/snapback]

More O.S. 3.5 XM's will be arriving in the next few weeks.

Rw

re: driving that boat at the Nationals

Hey Carl,

Well, if the "plan comes together" I'll be driving a Top Speed2 in B Tunnel and another one in 20 Sport Tunnel at the IMPBA Internats. Two Great Planes/Aqua Craft employees, the AquaCraft project manager and AquaCraft technician are also part of "the plan." Another well know model tunnel boat racer has been provided with a couple of hulls for evaluation and racing.

The Top Speed2 Team and Champions Challenge/s will also be conducted. Get a team together and enter.

The first part of "the plan" has me flying into Champaign,IL on July 5. We will then drive a company van loaded with model boats to the NAMBA Nats in NH. Then it's back to Champaign for a couple of days before leaving for Jackson, TN and the Internats. Glad I'm retiring from the ice rink the end of May. No way would my supervisor let me take the whole month of July off to go model boat racing.

JD

Jerry Dunlap said:
re:  driving that boat at the Nationals
Hey Carl,

Well, if the "plan comes together" I'll be driving a Top Speed2 in B Tunnel and another one in 20 Sport Tunnel at the IMPBA Internats.   Two Great Planes/Aqua Craft employees, the AquaCraft project manager and AquaCraft technician are also part of "the plan."   Another well know model tunnel boat racer has been provided with a couple of hulls for evaluation and racing. 

The Top Speed2 Team and Champions Challenge/s will also be conducted.  Get a team together and enter. 

The first part of "the plan" has me flying into Champaign,IL on July 5.  We will then drive a company van loaded with model boats to the NAMBA Nats in NH.  Then it's back to Champaign for a couple of days before leaving for Jackson, TN and the Internats.  Glad I'm retiring from the ice rink the end of May.  No way would my supervisor let me take the whole month of July off to go model boat racing. 

JD

95325[/snapback]

Hey Jerry,

I am looking forward to meeting you and your guys at the Jackson Nationals this year. We will have the entire Southeastern Lynx team running the 3.5cc Stock and Modified classes this year. We only had three of our 3.5cc boats there last year.

I know the HTB boys will be strong there since that is their home pond and Power Surge Racing Products, some Magnum 3.5's and a few others will be there...man, that is going to be some serious racing action there.

Hey Jerry, I have a few guys that want in on the "Top Speed action"..My four drivers will be: Ron Drake, Mike Talley, Jeff widdon & Jimmy Eddelman (I will be the extra if needed) Put us in under "THE ROWDY BOYS"

Carl,

Re: How many drivers for a team?

Carl,

A team will consist of four drivers. We plan to have 5 boats for the Challenges with a spare for back up.

The only other team I've heard of to date is Mike Z's "Team Skull."

Should be some great racing in the 3.5 tunnel classes at Jackson. The guys with the Lynx boats up my way are running really well. Like, really well!!!

JD

Jerry Dunlap said:
Re:  How many drivers for a team?
Carl,

A team will consist of four drivers.  We plan to have 5 boats for the Challenges with a spare for back up. 

The only other team I've heard of to date is Mike Z's "Team Skull." 

Should be some great racing in the 3.5 tunnel classes at Jackson.  The guys with the Lynx boats up my way are running really well.  Like, really well!!!

JD

95348[/snapback]

I listed my team in my last message (see bold text) PUT US IN!!!

VansRacing said:
Jerry Dunlap said:
re:  driving that boat at the Nationals
Hey Carl,

Well, if the "plan comes together" I'll be driving a Top Speed2 in B Tunnel and another one in 20 Sport Tunnel at the IMPBA Internats.   Two Great Planes/Aqua Craft employees, the AquaCraft project manager and AquaCraft technician are also part of "the plan."   Another well know model tunnel boat racer has been provided with a couple of hulls for evaluation and racing. 

The Top Speed2 Team and Champions Challenge/s will also be conducted.  Get a team together and enter. 

The first part of "the plan" has me flying into Champaign,IL on July 5.  We will then drive a company van loaded with model boats to the NAMBA Nats in NH.  Then it's back to Champaign for a couple of days before leaving for Jackson, TN and the Internats.  Glad I'm retiring from the ice rink the end of May.  No way would my supervisor let me take the whole month of July off to go model boat racing. 

JD

95325[/snapback]

Hey Jerry,

I am looking forward to meeting you and your guys at the Jackson Nationals this year. We will have the entire Southeastern Lynx team running the 3.5cc Stock and Modified classes this year. We only had three of our 3.5cc boats there last year.

I know the HTB boys will be strong there since that is their home pond and Power Surge Racing Products, some Magnum 3.5's and a few others will be there...man, that is going to be some serious racing action there.

Hey Jerry, I have a few guys that want in on the "Top Speed action"..My four drivers will be: Ron Drake, Mike Talley, Jeff widdon & Jimmy Eddelman (I will be the extra if needed) Put us in under "THE ROWDY BOYS"

Carl,

95336[/snapback]

Man I cant wait for this one, it will be great. I am more excited than a kidat christmas day. Cant wait for my gifts.

Latest posts

Back