os outboards

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james scala

Getting back into model boating after 12 years and purchased 2 new os air-cooled outboards. i am looking for a pressure fitting to hook up to on the exhaust. The only nipple i found is called a oil transfer tube in the manual. Not very familiar with this motor.Any help would be great. Thanks,Jim

Pressure fitting is on the opposite (drivers side) side of the muffler from the oil transfer fitting. no barbs on them but they are tapered so hoses never fall off. Welcome back to Tunnels!! James Beasley

Also, refer to the manual so you get the oil transfer tube connected properly. A hose goes from it down to the barbed fitting on the side ofthe lower unt to provide oil for the flex shaft. Neat settup.

Thanks for the reply.Just looked through my manual and it does not show any info on this. There are fittings on both sides of the muffler. Do you need to block one off. Cannot find anyplace to hook up the oil transfer to. Manual dosent show anything. Thanks,Jim

James, hopefully this will help. The one on the left hand side (looking from the rear) is the tank pressure. The one on the right hand side goes to the upper oiler port on the side of the lower unit. See the picture below:

IMG_20130407_182154_zps9e15a199.jpg

IMG_20130407_182204_zpsba1936ee.jpg

Thank you so much. Great pics! Do external oilers help. Was thinking of making a couple out of delrin.

They do, but the oiler system on the OS works pretty darn good! I run one on my FE, but only because there is no fuel to keep the cable and prop shaft lubed.

Back