OS Max

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave roach

Vendor
Can someone get me a picture of the engine mounting on a VS1 with a OS Max21 outboard.And are you using a mount besides the one that comes on the Os Max.

Thanks

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, aside from machining one yourself (which I know you can do) there is no other mount that works with the OS because of the larger pivot pin size. I have always used the stock OS mount, as it works great. The mount plate that Terry posted is a "nut plate" that goes on the inside of the transom instead of having four separate nuts for the mounting bolts. Kind of like the K&B style backing plates. The extra set of holes is for K&B or OS.

Maybe I am mis-understanding the question?

~James

Dave, aside from machining one yourself (which I know you can do) there is no other mount that works with the OS because of the larger pivot pin size. I have always used the stock OS mount, as it works great. The mount plate that Terry posted is a "nut plate" that goes on the inside of the transom instead of having four separate nuts for the mounting bolts. Kind of like the K&B style backing plates. The extra set of holes is for K&B or OS.

Maybe I am mis-understanding the question?

~James

I have an OS mounted on one of my Leecrafts with a Highjacker mount that is drilled out and re bushed to fit the OS hinge pin, I also have a PB style mount that is drilled and rebushed to fit the OS also. It makes it easier to experiment with hinge pin angle, and the effect is has on boat handeling, without having to shim the OS plate mount.

Back