• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold OS .21 XM Outboard $250

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
edited 48 min ago..

I would HAVE NOT said "I WILL TAKE IT" had you said that Rodney. I am NOT HERE to make a mess. The rules are clear.

I am not a moderator and am open to allowing the moderator to make the final call. You willing to hang with me on that?

Grim

my intentions were plain to see why would i want him to bring it to the Spring Nationals in Atlanta ? to save shipping charges !

So in the same vane does Grims post 2 with a question constitute trying to work a deal? then he decided terms were acceptable at the new price. and was the first to say "I will Take it" with out and edit. or would it be ok for him to edit post 2 now?

the reason for the edit i thought wasted wages was telling me that i needed to say that so i did not because i thought i was wrong

my intentions were plain to see why would i want him to bring it to the Spring Nationals in Atlanta ? to save shipping charges ! that is a deal pending as the rules say ! and it had not been 12 hours !

the reason for the edit i thought wasted wages was telling me that i needed to say that so i did not because i thought i was wrong
I will take it ! Are you going to the Spring Nationals in Atlanta ? Last edited: Today at 10:14 AM

Nice try, don't try to pin your lack of reading, understanding and following the forum rules on me.
I was merely stating that " I'll take it " trumps all open-ended offers or questions.
Even if it's just shipping details.

Bottom line, if you want an item posted for sale saying " I'll take it " stops the sale dead in its tracks. PERIOD.
Yes, the shipping might kill the deal or the sale may fall through... it happens.
At that point the seller will simply reopen the item for sale.
It's not that hard to understand.....

[edit: to attach quote at top]

Last edited:
legitimate offers or deals pending between a potential buyer and seller any other interested individuals need to allow a reasonable time for a response to said deal/offer (at least 12 hours)

any other interested individuals need to allow a reasonable time for a response to said deal/offer (at least 12 hours)

legitimate offers or deals pending between a potential buyer and seller any other interested individuals need to allow a reasonable time for a response to said deal/offer (at least 12 hours)
What this rule interprets to is:
If you would have said, originally.
"I will take it pending the answer to my question or pending a shipping quote.

Hello everyone.

I have just seen all of the traffic on this, although I have not read every post in detail. I was getting quotes to both of the ZIP Codes that had requested it, and I received the same quote for both zips

The shipping cost is $15.45

I certainly do not want to start a war here, so I will read carefully through all of the posts chronologically, and I might reach out to certain members for guidance on this.

I had assumed that a request for a shipping quote meant that the price was agreeable. I saw the second post that mentioned there would be interest if the first offer passed.

Again, I will reach out to administration to see how I want to handle this. I would like clarification, as I will be putting up over 70 vintage boats and 80 Vintage and brand new engines from an estate that I am helping to manage.

I accepted it WITHOUT shipping cost considerations. I am fully aware of this and accept the FACT it could be expensive. My "I will take it" fully supports that.
I accepted it WITHOUT conditions
I accepted it WITHOUT questions

"I WILL TAKE IT"

I would HAVE NOT Made that statement if there was a Pending offer PERIOD!

I HAVE READ and FULLY understand the rules. I KNOW WHATS RIGHT but am STILL willing to put this deal ON THE LINE if the moderator choses to "Make the call"

Its now up to the seller (Anthony) to interpret the rules.. (I hope he has taken the time to read them too)

IF he (Anthony) has questions the Moderator is here to help.

Grim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back