OS 21 XM 2.0

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its for sale in Japan already, its priced over there at about 24,200 Yen. Thats only about $287.00 US. Wonder what the US based pricing will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
James

Why would it need to be approved by IMPBA.

Dave Roach

Has anyone done any tsting on making the muffler longer like on this new engine??

Cheers

Kris

Has anyone done any tsting on making the muffler longer like on this new engine??

Cheers

Kris
There was no reason to mess with the stock muffler in either NAMBA 20 Stock or IMPBA 20 Sport because you had to run the muffler that was supplied with the engine. If the engine ever becomes available here in the States it wouldn't take much to see what/if any difference the greater expansion area would have on performance.

JD

Cheers

Kris

Ive tried this on the current motors.. didnt make much difference if any.. i had it bottoming out on the cav plate and couldnt go further...

Didnt try anything like pictured though. My spacer was at the mounting bolts to the block

one thing to keep in mind when & if this engine becomes available in the states. IMPBA rules state no mixing of air & water cooled parts in sport 20 tunnel.

one thing to keep in mind when & if this engine becomes available in the states. IMPBA rules state no mixing of air & water cooled parts in sport 20 tunnel.

what about the KB .21 with the air cooled head? Arent those allowed to run, or no?

what about the KB .21 with the air cooled head? Arent those allowed to run, or no?
yes, the gold head ss is legal. all k&b 3.5's are legal, as is the os xm ob. you cannot mix & match air & watercooled parts in the same engine, according to the rule. really kinda a non issue on the k&b, only difference is the color anodizing on the flywheel between ss &sx. the heads are obviously different, but all other part #'s are the same.......

On the question about the piston & liner, the old part # 23803010, the new one is #23853000.

Good looking engine, wonder what the combustion chamber looks like?

Jimmy Johnson

I was at Twin lakes yesterday talking to the guys about the new air cooled OS Outboard. Since I'm your resident Japanese speaker and reader, I did some research and found that the suggested retail price for it is 34650 yen. This is the exact same suggested retail price as the current engine, which may suggest that the new engine will ultimately be a replacement. There are places selling it for 25,000 in Japan, but in the states, you will more than likely see a price that falls in line with the current engine. In the URL( http://shop.yumetenp...941/index.shtml ) you will see the sale price (In RED) for this particular site is at 25,987 yen. This site' YUMETEMPO is similar to Amazon's site in that it is an outlet for sale prices. This price happens to be for Marusan Hobbies. I'm sure they would be more than happy to send you one if you could find a friend who speaks Japanese to order it for you with a credit card. The postage probably wouldn't be that bad, either. Maybe 20 bucks. If you would like to try and purchase this engine, click the link under the sale price. (It says SHOPPING CART) Then you will see the telephone number to the shop. The name of the person to inquire about this engine with is Hiro Saito. To calculate the exchange rate, 83 yen = 1.00 dollar. Though I would love to help, because of the liability, I will not.

Marty

I was at Twin lakes yesterday talking to the guys about the new air cooled OS Outboard. Since I'm your resident Japanese speaker and reader, I did some research and found that the suggested retail price for it is 34650 yen. This is the exact same suggested retail price as the current engine, which may suggest that the new engine will ultimately be a replacement. There are places selling it for 25,000 in Japan, but in the states, you will more than likely see a price that falls in line with the current engine. In the URL( http://shop.yumetenp...941/index.shtml ) you will see the sale price (In RED) for this particular site is at 25,987 yen. This site' YUMETEMPO is similar to Amazon's site in that it is an outlet for sale prices. This price happens to be for Marusan Hobbies. I'm sure they would be more than happy to send you one if you could find a friend who speaks Japanese to order it for you with a credit card. The postage probably wouldn't be that bad, either. Maybe 20 bucks. If you would like to try and purchase this engine, click the link under the sale price. (It says SHOPPING CART) Then you will see the telephone number to the shop. The name of the person to inquire about this engine with is Hiro Saito. To calculate the exchange rate, 83 yen = 1.00 dollar. Though I would love to help, because of the liability, I will not.

Marty
Couple weeks ago you could of had them cheaper at tower, with free shipping... Although not the air cooled version...

Latest posts

Back