OS 21 XM 2.0

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is on their website. You just have to go to there Japanese one. http://www.os-engines.co.jp/line_up/engine/marine/marindex.htm

When you get there to this link, click on the link that says MAX-21XM Ver II. When you get to this page, you will see a link tab just above the specs for a PDF file.

This is the parts breakdown. I personally emailed OS in Japanese about many of the questions that came up in this forum. I will get back to you when or if I get a reply. If you are interested, this is the body of the mail I sent them.

現在、アメリカのラジコンボート世界ではOS ENGINE様が日本のみで販売している21XM VER.2船

外機は大変な話題になています。僕は一番尋ねたいことは、結局、新しくできたVer2はVer1の代

わりになりますか?二番に尋ねたいことは、いつ頃アメリカの販売を期待してもいいですか?アメリカの

NAMBA/IMPBA 連盟では純正21クラスがあります(A Stock Tunnel )。OSエンジンやk&B

エンジンの純正船外機使用のみです。VER.2は改造エンジンになる心配があります。パイプにスペ

サーがあるみたいです。あと、ピストンスリッブのパーツ番号が前のエンジンのと違います。連盟の規

則では A Stock Tunnel に使用になるのは、500機以上の生産あるエンジンしか認めてませ

ん。K&Bは品質と在庫の問題があって、もうほとんど使用されていません。OS様のエンジンのおかげ

で A Stock Tunnel クラスがとても人気です。このクラスを走っている皆様はこのエンジンのアメ

リカ上陸を楽しみにしています。45クラスの生産も考えて下さい。21クラスと同じぐらい人気になる

と思います。よろしくお願いします。

(right now in the american rc boating scene, the new os 21xm ver.2 outboard that is only available in japan has become quite the conversation topic. the first question that i would like to ask is whether or not the new version will replace the old version. also i would like to ask when it will be available in the states. there are classes for a stock tunnel in both the namba and impba associations. in these associations a stock tunnel requires the use of a stock os 3.5 or a k&b 3.5. there are some worries among the members that the new os will be considered a modified engine because the pipe has an extension on it and the piston and sleeve set is a different part number than the original version. the rules of these associations requires that engine used in a stock tunnel has production level of at least 500 hundred engines before it can be recognized as a legal engine. k&b has had problems with quality and production in the past so they are rarely used in this class, so i would say that thanks to the people at os, a stock tunnel remains a very popular class. everyone is anticipating the arrival of the os 21xm ver.2 in the states. if possible, please think about producing a .45. it may be just as popular. as the .21s. )

It is on their website. You just have to go to there Japanese one. http://www.os-engines.co.jp/line_up/engine/marine/marindex.htm

When you get there to this link, click on the link that says MAX-21XM Ver II. When you get to this page, you will see a link tab just above the specs for a PDF file.

This is the parts breakdown. I personally emailed OS in Japanese about many of the questions that came up in this forum. I will get back to you when or if I get a reply. If you are interested, this is the body of the mail I sent them.

現在、アメリカのラジコンボート世界ではOS ENGINE様が日本のみで販売している21XM VER.2船

外機は大変な話題になています。僕は一番尋ねたいことは、結局、新しくできたVer2はVer1の代

わりになりますか?二番に尋ねたいことは、いつ頃アメリカの販売を期待してもいいですか?アメリカの

NAMBA/IMPBA 連盟では純正21クラスがあります(A Stock Tunnel )。OSエンジンやk&B

エンジンの純正船外機使用のみです。VER.2は改造エンジンになる心配があります。パイプにスペ

サーがあるみたいです。あと、ピストンスリッブのパーツ番号が前のエンジンのと違います。連盟の規

則では A Stock Tunnel に使用になるのは、500機以上の生産あるエンジンしか認めてませ

ん。K&Bは品質と在庫の問題があって、もうほとんど使用されていません。OS様のエンジンのおかげ

で A Stock Tunnel クラスがとても人気です。このクラスを走っている皆様はこのエンジンのアメ

リカ上陸を楽しみにしています。45クラスの生産も考えて下さい。21クラスと同じぐらい人気になる

と思います。よろしくお願いします。

(right now in the american rc boating scene, the new os 21xm ver.2 outboard that is only available in japan has become quite the conversation topic. the first question that i would like to ask is whether or not the new version will replace the old version. also i would like to ask when it will be available in the states. there are classes for a stock tunnel in both the namba and impba associations. in these associations a stock tunnel requires the use of a stock os 3.5 or a k&b 3.5. there are some worries among the members that the new os will be considered a modified engine because the pipe has an extension on it and the piston and sleeve set is a different part number than the original version. the rules of these associations requires that engine used in a stock tunnel has production level of at least 500 hundred engines before it can be recognized as a legal engine. k&b has had problems with quality and production in the past so they are rarely used in this class, so i would say that thanks to the people at os, a stock tunnel remains a very popular class. everyone is anticipating the arrival of the os 21xm ver.2 in the states. if possible, please think about producing a .45. it may be just as popular. as the .21s. )
In NAMBA, once the engine is available through normal hobby outlets, changes from the original engine don't matter. You can even mix and match earlier stock parts with later stock parts.

JD

That was fast. I didn't expect such a speedy response. This is the body of the email I received:

ノックス マーティン 様<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">この度は、お問い合わせありがとうございます。<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">大きな違いとしまして、ver.Iは水冷ヘッドでしたが、ver.IIは空冷に<br style="line-height: 17px; ">なりまして、マフラーも延長されたので、パワーが上がっております。<br style="line-height: 17px; ">また、アメリカに向けて先月出荷いたしましたので、まもなく発売に<br style="line-height: 17px; ">なると思われます。どうぞお試しください。<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">45クラスにつきましては、現在のところは予定がございませんが、<br style="line-height: 17px; ">ご意見をありがとうございます。今後の参考にさせていただきます。<br style="line-height: 17px; "><br style="line-height: 17px; ">今後ともどうぞよろしくお願い申し上げます。<br style="line-height: 17px; ">*************************************<br style="line-height: 17px; ">小川精機株式会社<br style="line-height: 17px; ">〒546-0003 大阪市東住吉区今川3-6-15<br style="line-height: 17px; ">TEL06(6702)0230 Fax06(6704)2722

Thank you for your email.The big difference between version 1 and 2 is that version 1 is water cooled and version 2 is air cooled. Other than that, the pipe has been extended so the power has increased. We made our first shipment of these engines to the US last month, so they should be available soon. As for the 45 class, at this time, we have no plans for production, but we will look into it. Your business is appreciated,Ogawa Seiki, Inc.3-6-15 Imakawa, Higashi Sumiyoshi-WardOsaka, Japan 546-0003TEL06(6702)0230 Fax06(6704)2722

They must be getting ready to roll the new model out as the XM is on sale right now at Tower Hobbies for $325. Club members can take another $50 off of that for a brand new OS 21XM shipped for $275. That's a deal. Just won one in a raffle or I would buy me one at that price.

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I do the O.S. marketing for Hobbico. I thought you'd like a quick snapshot or two of the new 21XM. This hit our warehouse yesterday, so they are in stock. OSMG1720 is the stock number. They will be on our OS web site soon as well as on Tower. Dealers can now order them.

Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures. These were just shot on my desk.

Steve

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

Good to see you on here Steve!

With all the forums you see I think you will find this one unique and the best!

Rw

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I do the O.S. marketing for Hobbico. I thought you'd like a quick snapshot or two of the new 21XM. This hit our warehouse yesterday, so they are in stock. OSMG1720 is the stock number. They will be on our OS web site soon as well as on Tower. Dealers can now order them.

Sorry about the poor quality of the pictures. These were just shot on my desk.

Steve

Steve,

Thankyou very much, can you tell us the price? I think I'll use my super saver club.

Thanks again,

Jimmy

I'd REALLY love to know what the plating type on the sleeve is, and the bowl volume (cc's) in the head if anyone gets a chance to have a closer look!

Going by the pic - it appears the new muffler has the converging section approx. 20mm further back due to a spacer. That should open up the narrow power band a little and make it easier for average joe ;)

They probably based it off of gasoline prices!! Seems kind of steep to me.

Richie R

Latest posts

Back