OPS engine manual / parts availability

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaha74

I have an OPS engine in my AC Sport 40, and was wondering if there is an OPS online manual for parts / part #'s, etc, and where are some places to buy OPS parts from ? Also, what are the +'s and -'s of using afterun oil in a boat motor? I use it in my planes, and never had any problems. I've heard some people use it, some don't.
2008_0410ops0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Always flush with after run oil after a day of running. If you leave 50%+ nitro fuel in a motor, it will be junk in a week, The nitro combines with water and turns into nitric acid. Not good for the bearings or the case.

I have an OPS engine in my AC Sport 40, and was wondering if there is an OPS online manual for parts / part #'s, etc, and where are some places to buy OPS parts from ? Also, what are the +'s and -'s of using afterun oil in a boat motor? I use it in my planes, and never had any problems. I've heard some people use it, some don't.
2008_0410ops0001.jpg
Just curious, does that engine run with the front intake housing turned 90*????? Also what parts do you need???

Just curious, does that engine run with the front intake housing turned 90*????? Also what parts do you need???

... do you mean the carb turned sideway's, so the needle is horizontal ? ....yes, it runs great. Engine vacuum is'nt dependent on gravity ---- if it was, the cylinder would be pointing down, instead of up. I have a radio box behind the motor, and need the throttle linkage to be directed to the left side of the motor.... running the linkage under the motor gets complicated. I'm just trying to find a parts manual early in the season, so if i run into problems and need parts, i can find them.

I see what you mean Ray! Isn't the pinch bolt supposed to be horizontal on the top side of the carb? Atleast it was on the disk rotor motors.
modified K&B 7.5cc drum housing fit to OPS45 great work run well

2008_0410ops0001.jpg
I talked to Remy @ Aeromarine yesterday and he still has several parts for OPS in stock.

I see what you mean Ray! Isn't the pinch bolt supposed to be horizontal on the top side of the carb? Atleast it was on the disk rotor motors.
...this is the drum valve out of the motor. I bought it used. The motor does'nt have any markings / numbers on it. Can someone identify it / OPS 40, or 45 ? / what year it might be ?
2008_0413opsdrum0001.jpg

...this is the drum valve out of the motor. I bought it used. The motor does'nt have any markings / numbers on it. Can someone identify it / OPS 40, or 45 ? / what year it might be ?
2008_0413opsdrum0001.jpg
That is the stock current OPS drum rotor designed by Aeromarine Laminates now being built by OPS.

It isnt turned 90 degrees, that's how the new drum valve rotors sit....well my new blue head 67 sits like that anyway.

This drum valve is from an OPS 45 and is the latest version of this engine. This drum valve replaced the old disc rotor about 6 years ago.

Keep the pinch bolt horizontal.

Since Aeromarine gave up the OPS line last year parts are generally available from european distributors. . send me your e-mail address and I will send you exact infro as to german distributor who is most cooperative. I run OPS engines in my sport 40 and Twincraft DeepV and have used OPS engines for over 30 years.

I can suggest that you will have better performance with this engine if you put an OS Max Carb such as 7B or 8B on it. With this OS Max carb you can fit a beautiful 3rd channel needle to it and really dial in a good carb setting.

[email protected]

This drum valve is from an OPS 45 and is the latest version of this engine. This drum valve replaced the old disc rotor about 6 years ago.Keep the pinch bolt horizontal.
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but if the pinch bolt is placed horizontal, the intake port window will be on the left side of the engine (as mounted in the boat). Isn't the port window supposed to face upward?

This drum valve is from an OPS 45 and is the latest version of this engine. This drum valve replaced the old disc rotor about 6 years ago.Keep the pinch bolt horizontal.
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but if the pinch bolt is placed horizontal, the intake port window will be on the left side of the engine (as mounted in the boat). Isn't the port window supposed to face upward?
Jon,

The drawbar doesn't affect the orientation of the intake window.

It is at the top of the housing. ;)

Rod

I apologize & stand corrected. The pinch bolt assembly is mounted vertically.

How can i find more info about the differences between an OPS 40, and 45 / parts interchangability / different engine design changes over the years / differences between drum valve and disc valve engines, other than the valve, etc.

Back