Open tunnel classes at Charleston

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HTV Boats

On the WTC thread in "races and results" today something came up about class rules that I have never seen on any flyer. Basically it is ONLY boats in already running classes in this race that are allowed to run in open and open FE classes. Maybe I am remiss but that was never an understanding I had about open classes. Making open class just a rerun in my mind. My understanding of open has always been run what you brung and clubs generally run the class to include boats that don't have enough of their own to make a class thus including anyone that has built something. That and allowing the fastest possible

My dog in the mix is an "S" or 8cell tunnel I have been woking on since last fall. To make open classes limited does not make sense to me as it surpresses pushing the envelope of developement.

John has said it is up to the racers so if you have an opinion it is welcome and if you have a boat registered in open or open FE tunnel you surely have a vote here. At this point 3 weeks before the race I kinda feel you should be registered to have a vote. fair enough?

So should open be OPEN or Open to only classes already running? Just put OPEN in caps for no limitations and Open lower case for existing cllasses. and please sign your name.

I vote OPEN all the way

Mic Halbrehder

Run what you brung that what I thought ,mic Iam fine with you runing with me , as long as you don't hit me ! (lol)

I vote the same way Mic. OPEN

Last edited by a moderator:
open means no rules to me, is there a separate FE open class? I vote run what you brung.......

Having trouble keeping my XT 460 on 12 cell on the water but OPEN should be anything goes.

Is there a open fe class ? If you can run in open nitro , can I run in open fe , pleasssssse

I asked nicely

Is there a open fe class ? If you can run in open nitro , can I run in open fe , pleasssssse

I asked nicely
Open "FE" kinda means electric don't you think. Open tunnel is not open nitro or designated a liquid fuel only. I would havbe no problem without an Open FE class and just Open tunnel - run what you brung king of the hill class. But promoting electrics they chose an open FE version also. You will be building a "Sparkie" after one thrashes your 84-101?.Gonna need a radar run as none of the above are going to make 12 turns under power,

Mic

lets keep on the subject and define "open" first

I asked nicely
There is an Open class and an Open FE class for this race and is noted on the race announcement and rcracingevents. Open can have nitro, gas or FE boats running. Open FE has only FE's running. So pick your poison.

Having trouble keeping my XT 460 on 12 cell on the water but OPEN should be anything goes.
Hey Dick,

I know you're kidding but thought I'd mention for those that may not know. We still have max length, voltage, and weight, even in the Open classes.

60",10s (37v), and 25#s ;)

You guys have fun, wish I was coming. :mellow:

D.

Nobody can take a joke , i'am take my ball and going home ,,

I did know what open FE meant ,but thanks sharing

Mic you can run with me i'am fine with that ,compition is compition .

I vote for Open FE Tunnel and Open Tunnel to allow any current IMPBA FE class to be run, regardless if its offered as a normal class at this particular race.

Dick,

I thought you were not going to let the cat out of the bag!!!!!....... :ph34r: I guess you will have to drop back to 10S now that the FE Police is on to you and your 460 LeeCraft!!!!!....... :blink: Don't worry, it should still be in the 80's.............. :eek: :D

Nobody can take a joke , i'am take my ball and going home ,,

I did know what open FE meant ,but thanks sharing

Mic you can run with me i'am fine with that ,compition is compition .
Here.......

⚾⚾⚾⚾....take your pick.... ;)

Wait... I didnt read the rules. Just read what I said, forget the caps/no caps thing. OPEN is OPEN.

i have no dog in this fight, but open has always meant OPEN. in any format of racing i have ever been involved in. full scale or our smaller ones........

If open is open if I come can I enter a 16s craft? not a tunnel.

Im a member now ya know.

HOTSHOT

You guys can pound this into whatever shape you but for those talking 12 or 16S Open means combining any and all LEGAL boats, no more and no less. We still have rules fellas and because of liability issues we still need to stay within accepted legal class rules and guidelines and for FE that means a maximum of 10S, 60" long and 25 pounds as Doug told you all earlier. If it is not legal in a regular class it still is not legal in Open, PERIOD. Open FE o/b tunnel means any LEGAL FE o/b boat, not whatever you feel like stuffing into a hull. If it were just plain Open o/b Tunnel then it would be any LEGAL nitro, gas or FE o/b running together. It's just that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back