Once again....GP3300 cells

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prior.....heat them up before you start the cycle. That IR number is a calcualtion and not the true IR. The heating tricks this calculation to make the number lower do to charging factors. The true IR is given on our new machines but I am using the older print out method. I have the software but need to get some decal stock.

Steve

Prior.....heat them up before you start the cycle. That IR number is a calcualtion and not the true IR. The heating tricks this calculation to make the number lower do to charging factors.
Since one of the key numbers used in the calculation of relative IR's is the peak voltage, the extra 10 degrees of temp fools the cell into peaking at a slightly lower voltage and skewing the calculation..... or something along those lines....

:( Wow once again I have been amazed by this subject. Why is it people feel the need to spend thousands of dollars at a problem? You know if you added up all the hours I had in this HOBBY, and all the money, you wouldn't have very much. On the other hand I do know people and have heard of others that have a whole lot of both invested. Once again I am finding out "he with the most money wins." I absolutely hate that saying. I don't have a lot of money. I htought maybe once I found a HOBBY that you don't need a lot of money to be good at or at least enjoy. ooops I was wrong again. So to those of you out there who keep thowing money at going slow I hope it works out for you, meanwhile I will go play with play with my nitro.

Money is not everything. There are plenty of classes and races that a lower budget can race in. I raced in 2001 with CP2400 stick packs in my 12 cell P sport hydro. We were just as fast as the brushless racers. I also used the so called outdated Astro 325 motor in it.

So, don't give up just because of the past....I'd bet the end is near for the hotdog teams anyway. : :)

Steve

:( Wow once again I have been amazed by this subject. Why is it people feel the need to spend thousands of dollars at a problem? You know if you added up all the hours I had in this HOBBY, and all the money, you wouldn't have very much. On the other hand I do know people and have heard of others that have a whole lot of both invested. Once again I am finding out "he with the most money wins." I absolutely hate that saying. I don't have a lot of money. I htought maybe once I found a HOBBY that you don't need a lot of money to be good at or at least enjoy. ooops I was wrong again. So to those of you out there who keep thowing money at going slow I hope it works out for you, meanwhile I will go play with play with my nitro.

Money is not everything. There are plenty of classes and races that a lower budget can race in. I raced in 2001 with CP2400 stick packs in my 12 cell P sport hydro. We were just as fast as the brushless racers. I also used the so called outdated Astro 325 motor in it.

So, don't give up just because of the past....I'd bet the end is near for the hotdog teams anyway. : :)

Steve
Steve

All too true Steve, there is something for everyone out there. Thanks for the heads up on 20 vs 30 amp numbers and correcting me on the industry standard moving away from 20 to higher amp rates.

I would have stayed out of the thread if Fuller hadn't been accused of deceit regarding his numbers. He had always posted the 20 amp rate when he sold the 2400's and asked me one day to put the 33's up. I was the one who put the data up and I took it off of one of my own cells. It was an oversight to not include the 20 amp rate. Ray never had a clue, but was slammed for it.

Assumptions Steve, it's the same old game. When we talk fact, it's never and issue, when we assume it turns to cancer. I appreciate the facts you have presented in this thread. It is refreshing. One question, are you assuming the hot dog teams are going away or is it wishful thinking?

One more fact, I have set over 50 records (and can prove it) using great battereis. Over the years I have tried others and there is a difference. Why? I'm getting the best cells in the case. If I were to get the same best cells out of your case I would have set the same records. The process B&T uses sniffs them out. That's all I care about. You can argue I'm a decent driver or have good boats, but it's a package deal and I can assure you batteries are a bigger facter them many wish to believe.

I bought some cells from Integy earlier this year before Ray started carrying 3300's. I had been told that there isn't much difference in the 33's. SO I thought why not? They may have been the worst cells I've ever owned. The label said 1.20 volts but no IR value. I know you say it's just a calculation, but I'll bet it was 30 the way these dogs performed. The ones I have now (Fuller/B&T) seem like an extra cell per pack. I'm just glad I figured it out before nationals.

For competitive boat racing the best cells in the case make a difference, especially the ones that pull the big amps. I also have a brushless e-maxx that I wouldn't dream of putting my good cells in. I don't race it, I just run it for fun. If I were to buy some cells for it, I'd look for the cheapest things I could find. Anything more would be a waste of money.

Dick

Integy uses a very poor process for matching cells. fact

Fuller's batteries are fine, but they are no better than SMC, Promatch or any other good matcher. 1.19 11 IR's are not the best Dick but I am certian that you have some that are better than that ;) In fact 1.20 is very common in some cases of cells. Looks like B&T must be shipping the best to other buyers ;) fact

You can't have true records on non surveyed courses using a stop watch. True records are set at time trials only, that you have done. Ed has accomplished the same and Ed also started and developed the entire sport for others to enjoy. fact

I'd say one hotdog team will be gone soon...I guess we will just have to wait and see ;)

Steve
Steve

All too true Steve, there is something for everyone out there. Thanks for the heads up on 20 vs 30 amp numbers and correcting me on the industry standard moving away from 20 to higher amp rates.

I would have stayed out of the thread if Fuller hadn't been accused of deceit regarding his numbers. He had always posted the 20 amp rate when he sold the 2400's and asked me one day to put the 33's up. I was the one who put the data up and I took it off of one of my own cells. It was an oversight to not include the 20 amp rate. Ray never had a clue, but was slammed for it.

Assumptions Steve, it's the same old game. When we talk fact, it's never and issue, when we assume it turns to cancer. I appreciate the facts you have presented in this thread. It is refreshing. One question, are you assuming the hot dog teams are going away or is it wishful thinking?

One more fact, I have set over 50 records (and can prove it) using great battereis. Over the years I have tried others and there is a difference. Why? I'm getting the best cells in the case. If I were to get the same best cells out of your case I would have set the same records. The process B&T uses sniffs them out. That's all I care about. You can argue I'm a decent driver or have good boats, but it's a package deal and I can assure you batteries are a bigger facter them many wish to believe.

I bought some cells from Integy earlier this year before Ray started carrying 3300's. I had been told that there isn't much difference in the 33's. SO I thought why not? They may have been the worst cells I've ever owned. The label said 1.20 volts but no IR value. I know you say it's just a calculation, but I'll bet it was 30 the way these dogs performed. The ones I have now (Fuller/B&T) seem like an extra cell per pack. I'm just glad I figured it out before nationals.

For competitive boat racing the best cells in the case make a difference, especially the ones that pull the big amps. I also have a brushless e-maxx that I wouldn't dream of putting my good cells in. I don't race it, I just run it for fun. If I were to buy some cells for it, I'd look for the cheapest things I could find. Anything more would be a waste of money.

Dick

Well from the looks of it Dick in the world of the web. The whole thing never happened. Not a trace! I had nothing to do with it either.

Dick I also gave two assumed reasons for not using 30amp numbers! The other being that the matcher was using old equipment. You decided to get defensive on the other.

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

Your probably correct....the old 6 cell matchers used 20 amps. Very Good Steve, good catch.

Well from the looks of it Dick in the world of the web. The whole thing never happened. Not a trace! I had nothing to do with it either.

Dick I also gave two assumed reasons for not using 30amp numbers! The other being that the matcher was using old equipment. You decided to get defensive on the other.

Steven Vaccaro

Steve H what are your findings on zapped 3300's. My customers that match tell me the numbers are very deceiving by zapping because the process doesn't make long lasting effects.

Steven Vaccaro

Well, zapping does last on cells that are managed properly. There is a process to make zapping better, I can't share that with you. A virgin cell is normally 1.14-1.16, zapping improves this to 1.15-1.17. These numbers are at 30 amps. This voltage does not just go away because the process does not last. Un-zapped cells will lose voltage as well over time. I hope this helps.

thanks

Steve

Steve H what are your findings on zapped 3300's. My customers that match tell me the numbers are very deceiving by zapping because the process doesn't make long lasting effects.

Steven Vaccaro

Funny how when a post may just refer to something that is a bit controversial, or perhaps advertises another manufacurer, it

somehow gets burried, or deleted very quickly on some boards.

I agree with Steve H, the end is close for some. You don't have to look very hard to see it. It is quite obvious in between the lines.

It's a shame really, It could have been good for the entire industry, but instead, greed, egos, and decipt, all got in the way. : :)

Truth is documented. the rest is all just speculation.

Peter

Well, zapping does last on cells that are managed properly. There is a process to make zapping better, I can't share that with you.

Nope, I wasn't looking for the secret recipe!

You have some nice stuff for sale....look for an order this weekend! First time I have seen your site I think :)

Funny how when a post may just refer to something that is a bit controversial, or perhaps advertises another manufacurer, it

somehow gets burried, or deleted very quickly on some boards.

I agree with Steve H, the end is close for some. You don't have to look very hard to see it. It is quite obvious in between the lines.

It's a shame really, It could have been good for the entire industry, but instead, greed, egos, and decipt, all got in the way. : :)

Truth is documented. the rest is all just speculation.

Peter

Dick I also gave two assumed reasons for not using 30amp numbers! The other being that the matcher was using old equipment.
Steve-

FYI......B&T uses Turbomatcher4's just like most of the rest of the matchers out there, yet he still opts to match at 20 amps........either that or he's figured out a way to add a third decimal place to the Turbomatcher30 av's on his labels..... ;)

Good point...never thought of that one.

Dick I also gave two assumed reasons for not using 30amp numbers! The other being that the matcher was using old equipment.
Steve-

FYI......B&T uses Turbomatcher4's just like most of the rest of the matchers out there, yet he still opts to match at 20 amps........either that or he's figured out a way to add a third decimal place to the Turbomatcher30 av's on his labels..... ;)

I would just like to add this... I have bought cells from everyone that claimed to have the best cells and I paid top dollar across the board to those who made the claims. After being in this sport since May of '98 the only cells that have lived up to there promise, time and time again making people think I secretly add cells to my boats are Ray Fuller's. The cells are the fastest and longest lasting. I only stick with people that prove themselves to be the best at what they do and sell. Honestly speaking all my best boats have come from Ray Fuller or his Horsemen, the boats and or equipment run just like "as seen on TV"! Now with that said....Steve Hill, if he could have only gotten his way, the Sanyo full size C cells are absolutely, positively the best battery for sprint, offshore, and SAWs ever to be seen. The cells can take an abuse only second to an RC-Hydros controller and come back full strength time and time again.

The N3000CR? Yes they are rock solid, but a bit too heavy don't you think Steve? Take a look at our next low cost cell for the sport racer....coming next week! 8)

I would just like to add this... I have bought cells from everyone that claimed to have the best cells and I paid top dollar across the board to those who made the claims. After being in this sport since May of '98 the only cells that have lived up to there promise, time and time again making people think I secretly add cells to my boats are Ray Fuller's. The cells are the fastest and longest lasting. I only stick with people that prove themselves to be the best at what they do and sell. Honestly speaking all my best boats have come from Ray Fuller or his Horsemen, the boats and or equipment run just like "as seen on TV"! Now with that said....Steve Hill, if he could have only gotten his way, the Sanyo full size C cells are absolutely, positively the best battery for sprint, offshore, and SAWs ever to be seen. The cells can take an abuse only second to an RC-Hydros controller and come back full strength time and time again.

Steve I have run boats from a 22" el lobo 2 all the way up to a 56" aeromarine apache with 64 full size Cs and not a single problem with the additional weight. Here is a test for anyone to conduct.. take a hacker 5XL on 6 cells in an el lobo 2 with a fully tricked-out full pitch x455 and see if you can run 8 laps with any sub C on the market and survive.

Well, with LiPoly coming.....changes on batteries won't be far behind. Hoping to try some LiPoly in a 12 cell P sport hydro this week.

Latest posts

Back