Olympia 1/8 scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be Master Hull Roster # 7474, 1976 U-74 Olympia Beer. I assume you're looking for a hull??

Steve Gualtieri at www.rcboatcompany.com makes a nice epoxyglass hull for this paint scheme. He races this hull as the U-77 Spirit of Dayton Walther, presently - it was originally painted as the Olympia Beer boat.

CHEERS !!! Bob

Don Ferrette has my 7474, 108 kit that he is building in the offseason. Mike
Don if you are building the Oly do you have decals for it yet? I have a complete set from Mr. Perfect out of Davenport, WA that I do not have a use for any longer and am thinking about getting rid of them.

Mike do you have 108 kit in gas 1/6 scale? And how long before Joe gets his Hump back kit?

Don if you are building the Oly do you have decals for it yet? I have a complete set from Mr. Perfect out of Davenport, WA that I do not have a use for any longer and am thinking about getting rid of them.

Mike do you have 108 kit in gas 1/6 scale? And how long before Joe gets his Hump back kit?
Brent ,If Don passes PM me a price- I have a Velasco hull.

Thanks,

Glenn

Brent, I have a very nice 1/8th scale and gas 108, 7474 kit available. I did work with Don Ferrette on these kits, and they are going to be fast. Looks like the 108 gas kit is going to be popular as I have about 4-5 people already interested in one. Good thing is Jeff Snell has a cowling for the GAS kit already. Mike Cathey sent the cowling to me to look over as I worked on the GAS kit, If anyone needs one of these kits, just ask. Here is a picture of that GAS 108 cowling:

DSCF3043.jpg

DSCF3044.jpg

Oh, and according to the fedex tracking # Joe received his humpback kit on Saturday. You should call him and make sure he did. Mike

I'm actually doing a different build but thanks for the offer. :)

Brent, I'll have to .find out if the Oly boat ever ran without the wing-I do not want to put one on my boat-they're a pain

If I remember correctly, it only ran with the wing as the Oly. Both the 7207 and 7474 had a tacked on wing for a few years after the Pak proved the wing was beneficial to the boat's ride and performance, though they were later removed as they proved to be more of a hiderance than a help. So now watch someone prove me wrong ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bob, I found one pic of the boat running at Dayton without the wing on the HARM gallery-but it was not as clear as the one you provided.

Glenn

Keep in mind that pic without the wing was because the boat got damaged and they took the wing off during that race weekend. I was considering doing the Oly a few years ago because I heard she ran without the wing but once I learned it was due to damage and not a planned race configuration I decided against it.

If I remember correctly, it only ran with the wing as the Oly. Both the 7207 and 7474 had a tacked on wing for a few years after the Pak proved the wing was beneficial to the boat's ride and performance, though they were later removed as they proved to be more of a hiderance than a help. So now watch someone prove me wrong ;)
uk_010.jpg

Very interesting points brought up. I guess my 72 Notre Dame may not be "true to scale" then because I run with a flat transom. I've never seen the RC Model run any other way including Don Maher's, I think that placed at the top of the Namba Nats. I had to look real close to realize that picture showed an indentation.

I also am building the Oly, without wing, because I think it will be more competitive in a racing environment. My hat is off though to the detail provided by some boat builders.

I've always said a Roland or Steve DeSteese boat stand looks better than any scale boat I've ever driven.

I loved the stand Steve had for his Madison, looked as good as the boat did and the boat looked fantastic :D

Keep in mind that pic without the wing was because the boat got damaged and they took the wing off during that race weekend. I was considering doing the Oly a few years ago because I heard she ran without the wing but once I learned it was due to damage and not a planned race configuration I decided against it.
If the boat ran in competition without a wing-it would make a legal 1/8 scale-am I wrong?????

Back