Old school and Modern builds....for the fun of it!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Bob Tuttle Sport 20 cowl fitting....a really nice boat! cowl looks and fits good! Older CMB or New Novarossi for power!
Decking the Dumas Dragon Fli .20 Mark II! It will be an I.B. and use a K&B 3.5 for power, and I WILL run it for fun!!
Hobbiest first, racer second!

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 87
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 79
One of my first hydroplanes was a Dragon Fly 20 with a Veco 19 in it. Had a lot of fun at local ponds running that boat. Never raced it, just had fun running it. Used a JG prop, seems like F25, G25, H25 if memory serves me correctly. Painted it with Testors Dope.

Very cool builds!
Thanks man! Ive still got some Jimmy Gale props in my prop box! Veco 19s were good running lil motors back in the day!

Seems like we would shim the sleeve to 155 degrees on the exhaust port timing and bring the head down a little. Do remember the flat baffle on the piston! Oh yeah and replace the RC carb with a piece of brass tubing to extend the intake and just run the exhaust baffle. Oh yeah, and the aluminum heat sink on top of the head after the fins were turned off on the lathe.

Those were the days!

I'm still a hobbiest first for sure and spend more time playing at the pond than racing. Test and tune is fun.

I have one of Bob's sport 20kits . Really nice kit . It will be about a month more before I can get back to boat building .

Back