Old Dominion Members & Friends

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henrietta

Just some news to share for ODMBA club members and those of you who have visited our little neck of the woods and may know my son Tommy: He has scoliosis and it's taken a turn for the worse and will be having the surgery to correct it on April 27th at CHKD in Norfolk. He'll be in the hospital for about 5 days, then home for 3 to 4 weeks being tutored and probably physical therapy; Anyway, this is going to put him out of commission for a bit - no boat starting and no lifting over twenty pounds for about 8 months. To a kid who's never been sick it's a big deal. He'd love to have visitors and/or hear from you if you can. Shoot me a note and I can send you his email and/or cell phone number. Thanks! Christi

i pray all goes well for a fast recovery.please keep us posted on how he is doing.

i'll be thinking of him, & you too. hope all goes well, please lmk after surgery when he feels up to talking on the phone. pm me his phone # & email addy when that time comes. see ya at the pond in a few months for the dist. race.

We'll be thinking about you and Tommy in the weeks to come. Hope all goes well in that time. He's young and the time will go by quickly. Before you know it he'll be back in the saddle again. I look forward to seeing you both at the races again this year!

Dick Tyndall

Christi im sorry that your son has issues with his back i have the same problem. Tommy is a strong kid and i wish him the best and speedy recovery after his surgery. Im going to miss racing there with you guys this year but who knows i might reappear for some good racing. please keep me posted on whats going on as far as Tommy ok. Did he cut his hair or does he still has it like (FAVIO) lol.

Julian

Christi im sorry that your son has issues with his back i have the same problem. Tommy is a strong kid and i wish him the best and speedy recovery after his surgery. Im going to miss racing there with you guys this year but who knows i might reappear for some good racing. please keep me posted on whats going on as far as Tommy ok. Did he cut his hair or does he still has it like (FAVIO) lol.

Julian
He got a hair cut but he's trying to grow it back out lol!

ohh wow i thought he would never get it cut guess him and tim jones dont look alike now lol.

julian

Hmmmm, no starting or lifting ..... sounds like Speed Racer Tommy needs a full on pit crew ... boat carrier, starter person, launcher, retriever. Hey, he'll be a hired gun as transmitters don't weigh very much, LOL!! Anyone who's raced with/against Tommy knows the kid can hold his own for sure! We all wish his operation to go smoothly and a speedy recovery. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm, no starting or lifting ..... sounds like Speed Racer Tommy needs a full on pit crew ... boat carrier, starter person, launcher, retriever. Hey, he'll be a hired gun as transmitters don't weigh very much, LOL!! Anyone who's raced with/against Tommy knows the kid can hold his own for sure! We all wish his operation to go smoothly and a speedy recovery. :)
i have to agree he is a competitive as they get. great racer yup he is going to have It made a whole Pit Crew lol.. i wish him the best hes a great racer and friend.. little Favio

julian

i have to agree he is a competitive as they get. great racer yup he is going to have It made a whole Pit Crew lol.. i wish him the best hes a great racer and friend.. little Favio

julian
You guys are funny - too bad Tommy's not on here he would love all of this! While he did technically get permission during the pre-op last week to start a boat, the caveat was one or two pulls; so if anyone had like, oh say a Larry Hibbert special out there where you have to pull until your arm falls off, forget it!

Tommy is out of surgery and in ICU for the night. Everthing went fine; he's still disoriented but showing signs of his humor so on the way to recovery. Should be in regular room tomorrow to receive visitors by tomorrow afternoon. Visiting hours are 8am to 8pm

Glad to hear that everything went well. I will give you a call later this week to check on Tommy. He is young and strong and will be just fine after some rest.

Back