old cat hull for .16 cc engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speakerboy

ok guys here it is .. this is the cat hull i bought second hand .. its in a bad shape and material seems to be ABS -plastic ( i hate it ) the model is a cool looking cat but i dont know the model ore brand .. now since the 2 noses are open and need to be glued together . i might as well take it all apart and try to use it as a mold and make a new epoxy version of this cat .. much stronger and better to work with . what do u think .?

the engine inside is the 2.6 cc topaz engine ;D not to big for this hull??

please let me know what u think !

jerome

minicat.jpg

minicat1.jpg

minicat2.jpg

minicat3.jpg

Do you have to take it apart? You could use it as a plug to make a glass mold from. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about the abs splitting or cracking as you are trying to take it apart. It will also retain some rigidity if you leave it together & be less likely to warp on you. I agree, it looks like a cool design.

Just my $.02

ok just found out its a Graupner hull .. named Key West .. i have the idea that it is just a little to small for the engine .. i am not sure what to do .. built a wild thing mono , go for a rigger again ore built a mold from this old cat .. > :(

i will think about it a couple of days ..

jerome

For sport running you should not have problems. I put a .12 engine on a 19" cat hull and it was a rocket. Could not handle rough water, but that is the price you pay for a fast, lightweight hull that is only 19" long. I've got pictures of the project here:

http://www.nitrotouring.com

go to the boat section of the "splash" page. The 19" boat was the first nitro prototype that latter evolved into the 23" boat that I showed you on the previous post.

As long as you can get the engine far enough into the front for a correct CG then you should be okay. The cuts on the spoons "artificially" move the CG forward for better handling.

I ran my 19" hull with an X435, speeds where in the mid 30's with a sport .12 Ofna Red head.

Hope this helps.

Back