ok a few newbie questions.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CySlyde

I see a lot of talk saying that a surface drive is faster, but a sub surface is more controllable... is anyone better suited for the electrics? and is the surface that much more uncontrollable?

second i have found a few articles on setting up evee's that i think i will use to guide me throu the process, but i was wondering, for the hull stiffeners, is it better to use fiberglass or balsa?

Third what is the best flotation to use noodles, just plain styrofoam, or is there something else i should be looking at?

thanx for the help

also Ron sorry i haven't gotten back to you on those parts, if you still have them let me know i'll prolly be able to call next week during the break from school, if you could let me know whens the best time it would be helpfull.

-=Cy

Ok, a submerged drive is faster outta the hole (acceleration), but the full surface area of the prop, skeg, & shaft causes drag at full throttle,,, a surface drive prop slips more under load from the start, but once planing, it is faster,,, both will handle about the same when planing,,, but, the submerged drive would tend to spin out less.

Back