ODMBA Record Trial Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-ZAM

As usual, the wind blew. Saturday we started at 8:00 am setting up the timing equipment and were ready to run at 8:45. At 8:46 the "perfect storm" started, south wind 20-25mph gusting to 30. Around 3:00 pm the wind started to switch directions making the front straight calm and the back straight marginal. We all agreed to run 1/4 mile. Don Ferrette was up first with his Road Runner Twin. He made 2 nice easy passes at 19.126. On his second attempt he was going around 4,5&6 and the right sponson came off, appears to be an issue with the foam. Steve Sutton was up next running a Seaducer LS 27. He took over 2 seconds off the previous record. Team Finch and Skelton were running a Whiplash setting the bar to 19.916.(Jim remember at TT you are suppose to use full throttle)I was up next running Sport 20 tunnel. This was when I remembered that my prop was 45 miles away. So I put on a prop that Chris Wood lent me to run on my sport 20 hydro. Worked great! setting the bar to 21.343 I used the same boat/motor/prop to set the 20 tunnel record at 21.834. Steve Sutton was ready to try the XLS 27 record, he used the same boat just switched engines setting the record to 22.720. I was up again running 20 hydro. I was kind of hesitant due to the wind on the back straight but JAE boat kind of liked it together we posted a 16.038. I switched out engines and set the C hydro record at 16.203. The wind was back and we decided to call it quite for the day.

Sunday was a great day, with winds 25-30 straight across the pond.

It was finally calm enough to set up the timing equipment and run the 1/3 mile oval around 3 in the afternoon. John Finch made several attempts with his gas Whiplash but was having trouble keeping it on the water. Don Ferrette was ready with his repaired twin. On his first turn the sponson cut loose again. That was a shame, his boat was very capable. Steve Sutton ran his LS 27 Seaducer and set the record at 25.236 after he made a prop change. Steve then changed out engines and went after the XLS 27 record. He set the record on his first attempt, his quickest time was 26.493. I finally had the water I was looking for right at sunset. I ran my 20 hydro and had some issues so we scrambled to take the engine out and put in the C engine. I made 4 laps and set the record at 18.349. I was ready to call it quits because I could barely see buoys 4,5 & 6. Ferrette called me a "big cat" and helped me put in different 21 engine. We made one last attempt and set the record at 18.660.

Many Thanks to everyone that was involved and I look forward the straight lines in 2 weeks!

Unofficial Results

1/4 Oval

HULL ENGINE PROP

Don Ferrette 19.126 RoadRunner MAC Das Boata

Finch/Skelton19.916 Blazer Butch/Zenoah ABC

Steve Sutton 22.720 Seaducer Butch/Zenoah Prop Works

Steve Sutton 22.359 Seaducer Butch/Zenoah Prop Works

Kentley Porter 21.343 Lynx Orlic/OS Chris Wood

Kentley Porter 21.834 Lynx Orlic/OS Chris Wood

Kentley Porter 16.203 JAE Orlic/N.R. OZ Spec

Kentley Porter 16.038 JAE Orlic/N.V. Oz Spec

1/3 Oval

Steve Sutton 25.236 Seaducer Butch/Zenoah Prop Works

Steve Sutton 26.493 Seaducer Butch/Zenoah Prop Works

Kentley Porter 18.660 JAE Orlic/N.R. Oz Spec

Kentley Porter 18.349 JAE Orlic/N.R. Oz Spec

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job guys, looks like you had some fun. I'm glad to see records being set at the ODMBA pond. Best of luck to everyone at the SAW.

MTB

As usual, the wind blew. Saturday we started at 8:00 am setting up the timing equipment and were ready to run at 8:45. At 8:46 the "perfect storm" started, south wind 20-25mph gusting to 30. Around 3:00 pm the wind started to switch directions making the front straight calm and the back straight marginal. We all agreed to run 1/4 mile. Don Ferrette was up first with his Road Runner Twin. He made 2 nice easy passes at 19.126. On his second attempt he was going around 4,5&6 and the right sponson came off, appears to be an issue with the foam. Steve Sutton was up next running a Seaducer LS 27. He took over 2 seconds off the previous record. Team Finch and Skelton were running a Whiplash setting the bar to 19.916.(Jim remember at TT you are suppose to use full throttle)I was up next running Sport 20 tunnel. This was when I remembered that my prop was 45 miles away. So I put on a prop that Chris Wood lent me to run on my sport 20 hydro. Worked great! setting the bar to 21.343 I used the same boat/motor/prop to set the 20 tunnel record at 21.834. Steve Sutton was ready to try the XLS 27 record, he used the same boat just switched engines setting the record to 22.720. I was up again running 20 hydro. I was kind of hesitant due to the wind on the back straight but JAE boat kind of liked it together we posted a 16.038. I switched out engines and set the C hydro record at 16.203. The wind was back and we decided to call it quite for the day.

Sunday was a great day, with winds 25-30 straight across the pond.

It was finally calm enough to set up the timing equipment and run the 1/3 mile oval around 3 in the afternoon. John Finch made several attempts with his gas Whiplash but was having trouble keeping it on the water. Don Ferrette was ready with his repaired twin. On his first turn the sponson cut loose again. That was a shame, his boat was very capable. Steve Sutton ran his LS 27 Seaducer and set the record at 25.236 after he made a prop change. Steve then changed out engines and went after the XLS 27 record. He set the record on his first attempt, his quickest time was 26.493. I finally had the water I was looking for right at sunset. I ran my 20 hydro and had some issues so we scrambled to take the engine out and put in the C engine. I made 4 laps and set the record at 18.349. I was ready to call it quits because I could barely see buoys 4,5 & 6. Ferrette called me a "big cat" and helped me put in different 21 engine. We made one last attempt and set the record at 18.660.

Many Thanks to everyone that was involved and I look forward the straight lines in 2 weeks!

Unofficial Results

1/4 Oval

HULL ENGINE PROP

Don Ferrette 19.126 RoadRunner MAC Das Boata

Finch/Skelton19.916 Blazer Butch/Zenoah ABC

Steve Sutton 22.720 Seaducer Butch/Zenoah Prop Works

Steve Sutton 22.359 Seaducer Butch/Zenoah Prop Works

Kentley Porter 21.343 Lynx Orlic/OS Chris Wood

Kentley Porter 21.834 Lynx Orlic/OS Chris Wood

Kentley Porter 16.203 JAE Orlic/N.R. OZ Spec

Kentley Porter 16.038 JAE Orlic/N.V. Oz Spec

1/3 Oval

Steve Sutton 25.236 Seaducer Butch/Zenoah Prop Works

Steve Sutton 26.493 Seaducer Butch/Zenoah Prop Works

Kentley Porter 18.660 JAE Orlic/N.R. Oz Spec

Kentley Porter 18.349 JAE Orlic/N.R. Oz Spec
Kentley,

What does "big cat" mean? Oh sorry, must have something to do with pus$#. lol Great job guys. Wish I could be there for one of your trial meets. Sounds like you guys know how to have fun.

Later, Ron

congrats , we where there also .i got to see the blue seducer mono get the record and everything after that . man that rigger was flying

Those captions on the pictures are priceless! Don, you are the man! I needed that laugh after such a hard day at work. Thanks!!!! I have to say........Kentley and Steve drove like precision machines! They were smooth and hung the buoys like pros! It was an atmosphere of nothing but fun and good times with a bunch of great guys! The JAE was most impressive and will be the boat to beat in heat racing next year and for years to come for sure. Steve has those Seaducers figured out too. Look out guys for next year in the heat racing gas mono class. Steve has brought it up a step. What about offshore?

Hey KP, what made you go with the black/blue paint scheme? Looks familiar.......hope Ron dont see it! :lol:

Way to go, awesome run.....

Larry Jr.

Congrats guys doing a great job in tough conditions, especially for Kdawg bumping off a coupla 7 year old records, 18 sec. is strollin' for a 20 boat! :D

Thanks too for the pix, that's about how "beat up" we look by Sunday! :D

"Ain't as easy as it looks"!

Hey KP, what made you go with the black/blue paint scheme? Looks familiar.......hope Ron dont see it! :lol:

Larry Jr.

Been running the same color for over 10 years. Z-Man uses a more feminine blue that I do :D

Kentley,

I was sure impressed with your new B & C Hydro boats they were just awesome, and I have never seen you drive better than you did this weekend. Your words of wisdom to me meant a lot when we were watching the wind blow as you said "don't complain just play the cards that are dealt ya" and there will be other times to set records. I really had a great time and have so many people to thank for helping me to achieve my goals. I didn't do this all by myself that was for sure. Thanks to the following people and I hope I don't forget anyone

John Finch - For mentoring me thru the years and keeping me calm and in rhythm driving boats couldn't have a better mentor. John you don't kow how much your help meant to me.

Butch Fields - For the fantastic running engines that were awesome and had all the power I needed (Thanks Butch it took awhile)

Jerry Crowther - For producing the best Mono Hulls I have ever driven for Record Trails attempts just Awesome Boats.

Bob Austin - For the Props and the knowledge how how to make changes when needed.

Mike Butler - For the Special Carbs used on my engines and adjustment information

Don Ferrette - For selling me the Green Seaducer I needed as a backup boat that he had (Thanks Don)

Steve Speas - For all the years he and John Finch spent teaching me how to drive a mono hull.

Jim Skelton - For doing all the retieving of my boats both at the practice pond and at the record trails Jim your a good friend.

This was truly and awesome and unforgetable weekend for me and I hope I didn't forget to thank anybody that helped me to get to my goals, as I didn't do this by myself and it took a few years to obtain the information to get to the point that I felt I had a real chance to break some of these records. Thanks again guys for all the help.

Kentley,

I was sure impressed with your new B & C Hydro boats they were just awesome, and I have never seen you drive better than you did this weekend. Your words of wisdom to me meant a lot when we were watching the wind blow as you said "don't complain just play the cards that are dealt ya" and there will be other times to set records. I really had a great time and have so many people to thank for helping me to achieve my goals. I didn't do this all by myself that was for sure. Thanks to the following people and I hope I don't forget anyone

John Finch - For mentoring me thru the years and keeping me calm and in rhythm driving boats couldn't have a better mentor. John you don't kow how much your help meant to me.

Butch Fields - For the fantastic running engines that were awesome and had all the power I needed (Thanks Butch it took awhile)

Jerry Crowther - For producing the best Mono Hulls I have ever driven for Record Trails attempts just Awesome Boats.

Bob Austin - For the Props and the knowledge how how to make changes when needed.

Mike Butler - For the Special Carbs used on my engines and adjustment information

Don Ferrette - For selling me the Green Seaducer I needed as a backup boat that he had (Thanks Don)

Steve Speas - For all the years he and John Finch spent teaching me how to drive a mono hull.

Jim Skelton - For doing all the retieving of my boats both at the practice pond and at the record trails Jim your a good friend.

This was truly and awesome and unforgetable weekend for me and I hope I didn't forget to thank anybody that helped me to get to my goals, as I didn't do this by myself and it took a few years to obtain the information to get to the point that I felt I had a real chance to break some of these records. Thanks again guys for all the help.

Larry Jr.

Been running the same color for over 10 years. Z-Man uses a more feminine blue that I do :D
Been running my colors for 20 yrs,lolol,and it ain't' feminine it's just cooler.Great job on the JAE boat and great runs!

Latest posts

Back