octura props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chas terrell

I'm looking for some info I received a lot of props from a retired boater from the late 80's .After sorting through all the props I received I notice he throw in a dozen or so unused octura hard plastic prop 3/16 drive 1450-1465, 2045, z55, 1957, 18, 1250 and some doubles. They look nice they have no flex and they're super light has anyone used these before whats your opinions ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told that before about some small electric plastic props that screw on. Has there ever been a successfull plastic or composit prop?20130226_060623.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMPBA Safety rules answers your question.

E. Safe Operations Rules

1. Whenever running a boat, whether during a race or practicing, there must be a

spotter for each driver to watch for any unsafe conditions which should arise

around the pond.

2. Anyone in the pit area MUST wear shoes. (Sandals or open-toed shoes of any

kind are NOT acceptable.)

3. All inboard hydros should have throwing handles.

4. No plastic or composite props will be used except for Working Scale Electric, and

RTR/ABS production type boats.

5. The method of propulsion shall be the type that functions by contact with the

water. Inertia-reaction devices such as rockets, jets, or air props are prohibited,

as main source of propulsion.

6. Boat stands should have prop guards.

I sheared the blades off a plastic prop years that I tried on an OPS 40 boat. Never got on plane.

Back