Octura Flex Hex

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Templeton

I just recieved a new 5mm threaded for .130 Cable direct from Octura and they have changed the design and lengthened it behind the nut ( I guess because some flyweels are too deep to get to the nut to tighten). I milled the back of mine off but it doesn't leave enough threads. Anyway, my latest boat is built for the short one and I wondered if anyone knows where I can get one.

Thanks

Don ;)

"I hate when they change things!" :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have what you need Don.. man you must have that engine right on the radio box wall!!!

Sorry I missed you today... I left be fore you got there because it was so windy...

I may have what you need Don.. man you must have that engine right on the radio box wall!!!

Sorry I missed you today... I left be fore you got there because it was so windy...

No problem at all Anthony.

However, I didn't have any problems at all running in that rough water. It did slow me down a bit because the best I could manage was 78mph on the radar. Oh well, next time should be better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don :p

I hope you've got the one that stops at the flywheel end with the back of the nut. I could really use one.

Don

I didn't want to make you feel bad,.. I was actually timing the waves at full speed and jumping over the single bouy!!!

I sold my Bantam. I'm going to have a BR2 ready in a couple weeks. It's going to be the ticket!!

I have a 12 mono that I'll bring out and race ya with till I get my rigger done... This little mono is amazing too!

I put on your 1640 again,.. man I can't turn that thing. That's a TON of prop. I think with the timing where it is on my motor, I'm all RPM and little torque on the beech. Which, isn't working out badly now. Now that I've got the head clearance right. I can spin up all of my 1400 series now.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new boat... I'm sure this collet will work for you.

No problem at all Anthony.

However, I didn't have any problems at all running in that rough water. It did slow me down a bit because the best I could manage was 78mph on the radar. Oh well, next time should be better.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don :p

I hope you've got the one that stops at the flywheel end with the back of the nut. I could really use one.

Don

I wasn't too happy when they changed the design as I then had to shorten the flex cables and stuffing tubes. I tried cutting one off too and it didn't turn out very well either.

Don, I may have found the answer to our problems. The flex cable collets in the ProBoat Miss Bud/ LLumar and now Elam have the shorter collets. Kind of pricy compared to the Octura's but the pickings are slim.Flex cable collets

Back