O.T. Big three bailout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's a good one for you guys.

the high mounted center brake light on my '04 blazer went out a few months back.

it happens to be the same one as used on the astro van like bob morton drives as well

anyways, i went to the GM dealer and they wanted $265.00 BEFORE taxes to order me one.

i told them i would be back,,,,,,,,,,,,

i went on line to check around for Shnit and giggles and i found a place up in the new england states called AM Autoparts.com

i checked on their site and low and behold they carry the same part, for $49.95

i ordered it and guess what? i opened the box and the light assembly had the original GM part number stickers on it and the thing is actually made in INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not indiana)

but 50 bucks is better than paying 265 bucks to the jackels,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

YES, GM PAPERWORK inside the original packaging :lol: :lol:

carl

Last edited by a moderator:
well... i'm in the auto industry so of course id like to see a bailout.... the way I see it, Why not.... were bailing out bank after bank after bank..... the auto industry has way more employees at risk to loose a job. No the big 3 are not doing a great job..... they have problems..... but so do the banks!
We just sold 80% SGX kits at just above cost.

In fact we sold alot of stuff this year at near cost just to keep things going and to keep our employees in a job that only pays them 1/3 of what the average auto worker gets paid. The only benefits they get is the chance to come back to work tomorrow.

Every employee at CMDi is the MAJOR bread winner in their household. They are born in America Americans. 50% of the product they produce is sold OUTSIDE the USA, bringing MONEY into the US economy and our local economy.

The owners of CMDi, John and I, have no more income than any one of our employees.

....and there is NO year end profit that we get to benefit from.

WE dot not care how many people work at the big three or the banks.....we do not want to bailout failing companies that would have no interest in US if we were struggling to keep our EAQUALLY important household incomes!

Come to think of it we need a bailout too!

Tom, Would you mind asking 100 million Americans to send us a small sum of only ONE CENT. That wouldn't be too hard on anyone would it? ;)

dont get me wrong.... i dont think they deserve it.... I just want to try and stop millions from loosing their job.... and I think it would be more effective with the auto industry than banks. but i'm no financial guru, just my opinion.... we all have one

fyi I work for a non union plant that makes automatic transmission parts for nearly every auto maker. we actually ship a lot to korea.... so keep buying those Hyundai's, KIA's and Aveo's!

ATTENTION ALL AMERICANS! Please send cmdi 1 cent, thankyou.

psst... Andy, did it work?
Yes Tom, that worked perfectly!

Now just do it for the hundreds of thousands of small businesses across America who have already cut their work forces and are struggling to keep the lights on. ;)

When they go under, Detroit will go under! Yep! Talk about Trickle up effect Steve Wood! ;)

I would rather have a union carpenter, electrician and plumber build my house
You want the best work--find a smaller company with a good reputation in your area, union or not......just my advice and dont mean anything negative by this post.

..but i hate gook cars anyways..they suck monkey balls to work on and their cheap lackluster hardware breaks easy and i do not care what anyone says about how they are made here..big deal they still derive from the land of the rising sun and if i recall didnt we kick their asses like 60 years or so ago?
terry
Do you know where your 300t and SD are assembled? Tak about lackluster and cheap hardware, Chryslyer owns cheap hardware. I've done teardowns on Chrysler cars, they are about the cheapest things made in the industry; planned obsolesence and failure.

well... i'm in the auto industry so of course id like to see a bailout.... the way I see it, Why not.... were bailing out bank after bank after bank..... the auto industry has way more employees at risk to loose a job. No the big 3 are not doing a great job..... they have problems..... but so do the banks!
We just sold 80% SGX kits at just above cost.

In fact we sold alot of stuff this year at near cost just to keep things going and to keep our employees in a job that only pays them 1/3 of what the average auto worker gets paid. The only benefits they get is the chance to come back to work tomorrow.

Every employee at CMDi is the MAJOR bread winner in their household. They are born in America Americans. 50% of the product they produce is sold OUTSIDE the USA, bringing MONEY into the US economy and our local economy.

The owners of CMDi, John and I, have no more income than any one of our employees.

....and there is NO year end profit that we get to benefit from.

WE dot not care how many people work at the big three or the banks.....we do not want to bailout failing companies that would have no interest in US if we were struggling to keep our EAQUALLY important household incomes!

Come to think of it we need a bailout too!

Tom, Would you mind asking 100 million Americans to send us a small sum of only ONE CENT. That wouldn't be too hard on anyone would it? ;)

dont get me wrong.... i dont think they deserve it.... I just want to try and stop millions from loosing their job.... and I think it would be more effective with the auto industry than banks. but i'm no financial guru, just my opinion.... we all have one

fyi I work for a non union plant that makes automatic transmission parts for nearly every auto maker. we actually ship a lot to korea.... so keep buying those Hyundai's, KIA's and Aveo's!

ATTENTION ALL AMERICANS! Please send cmdi 1 cent, thankyou.

psst... Andy, did it work?
Yes Tom, that worked perfectly!

Now just do it for the hundreds of thousands of small businesses across America who have already cut their work forces and are struggling to keep the lights on. ;)

When they go under, Detroit will go under! Yep! Talk about Trickle up effect Steve Wood! ;)

I'm right there with you , I have watched the boating industry at large dissolve before my eyes in the last couple of years . I had 9 employees at one time and offered paid holidays , 5 sick days , christmas bonuses and paid 1/2 the health care . Now the shop is down to me and one other guy , no manufacturer work , no general consumer work (they all lost their jobs or can't afford our products anymore ) . Discretionary income is vanishing and giving BILLIONS to losing companies that waste money won't work. Remember 2008 -2009 you'll look back and shake your head after this is over !!

There is one other thing that may have not been mentioned.

Maybe just maybe there are way to many cars being built in the world today and not enough consumers to buy them ?????

We as consumers have more options than ever , large companies like GM have slowly watched their share of the market decrease over time.

Something has to give and if that is the case then no amount of money is going help.

Tim K

The bad thing is if we did allow them cash, it would be good money thrown at bad money. They have no plan other than cutting back production. Simply put, they kept the steam roller rolling until it was out of gas. Poor planning on their part.

Looks like we'll be buying 2008 cars for the next ten years.

Drive by your local auction lot, then look at the dealers lot. You bet to many cars not enough customers. Oh now throw in the used car lots.

Back