O.S. 21XZ-M Speed Inboard Marine Engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_Duggan

Looking for any feedback on the O.S. 21XZ-M Speed 3.5cc Inboard Marine Engine

Anyone run one yet - thoughts?

I have run the older 21 VZ-M with good results. Looks like they just took the on-road VZR motor an changed the head and carb. It will likely still need some shim removal and timing increase. Otherwise not bad motors, but for the cost you can buy a nice NR motor.

Thanks Tyler,

I won't be going away from NR's any time soon but was curious about the coating used on the "speed" version's crank and wristpin and whether it works well or is marketing hype.

Tim

The Speed versions also have a balaced crank. And yes the coating does help. I've ran them both in a rigger the Speed revs better even though the numbers are the same. Or it could just be the ceramic bearings.

The Speed versions also have a balaced crank. And yes the coating does help. I've ran them both in a rigger the Speed revs better even though the numbers are the same. Or it could just be the ceramic bearings.
Thanks Kevin,

Does it pull decent prop pitch in a rigger?

Tim

I was pulling Mark Sholund 1450/1455 and also a full blade 1450 with it. Was a little tricky to get the right pipe combo but she hauled when you found it.

Latest posts

Back