NW Scale Hydroplane Championship Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Shallenberger

Don't miss the opportunity to race against some of the top 1/8-scale racers in the Pacific Northwest. The fourth annual NW Scale Hydroplane Championship Race is scheduled for October 13th and 14th just outside Seattle, WA. This 2-day race has been a huge success in the past and this year's race is shaping up to be the largest turnout yet. Also as a special event his year we will be hosting a special demonstration race sponsored by Jerry Dunlap on Sunday.

With some very enthusiastic racers coming from as far as Miami and San Diego, we should have some incredible racing. On Saturday we will start testing at 9:30, or earlier if possible, with heat 1A at 11:30. We will be registering the racers just prior to the first heat so don't think that it's too late. We will also be very forgiving as to the appearance of the boats as we know that this is the end of a long season, although they do need to meet all safety requirements.

The Saturday night get-together will be at Alfy's Pizza in Smokey Point starting at around 5pm. We have a room reserved where we can eat, drink, tell lies and swap parts. All are welcome!!!!!!!

Please remember that the hotel fills up fast for this event so please call today and get your reservations…

All the details are on the Race website at http://stubbersmedia.com/nwshc/ or contact Marty Shallenberger at [email protected] or Al Waters at [email protected] for information. We welcome all to come race with us in the Great Pacific Northwest. So replace those tired bearings, charge those batteries, check out the fuel system and lets "Go racing for all the Marbles"

Marty Shallenberger

The demonstration race will feature Sport 18 hydros like the Miss Vegas and the Pro Boat hydros. Maybe we could call the class "Unlimited Extra Lights). There will be room for only 16(and my son, Paul and I have two of those spots already :p ) boats in this race. There will be two rounds of qualifying, one connie, and a main. Trophies will be awarded in the main first through third. Entry fee is $10. To register for the Sport 18 Hydro Class contact JD.

JD

Guys if you have ever thought about going to a OUT OF STATE RACE this is it!!!!!!!! You have the privilage of having both Clubs in one Race...R/C Unlimited and UNW...These are the Big Boys who come out and play...If you wanna see what ya got and most of all have an Awesome Weekend,,you need to be at Marty's Race...

I went last year for the first time and was welcomed with open arms..and will be bringing along my good friend Rick Belinger,,he has to see this for himself...

Looking forward to seeing everyone again...Dont miss this race!!!!!!!

Hey, hang on you guys.

If the Contest Director of the race can enter, can the race announcer enter also? If so, count me in.

Mike, I think that I am only 25 points behind you in our annual race points. ;)

Now we can play :rolleyes:

Jerry, you have anything in white\red\and green? :lol:

I can bring the Super Salami stickers.

Thanks, Al Waters

Hey, hang on you guys.
If the Contest Director of the race can enter, can the race announcer enter also? If so, count me in.

Mike, I think that I am only 25 points behind you in our annual race points. ;)

Now we can play :rolleyes:

Jerry, you have anything in white\red\and green? :lol:

I can bring the Super Salami stickers.

Thanks, Al Waters
Well, there's white hulls and red hulls. If you're not particular about the color, we can have something for you to run.

JD

Wonder if I can throw some pink on my Vegas before the race? Hmmmmm

Al I'll spot ya on the mic while you run if we don't run each other.

Dunny I need some speed secrets! How do I make this one run like that one of yours I borrowed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry,

I am not picky for a color. Any color will be nicer than my Pigeon Doo. Please count me in.

Hey Mike, you are on. Marty will get to hear a real radio DJ voice. And say to Jerry ................ Hey Jerry, what's that in turn one?.....and when he is not looking......... then run like you have never run before. ;)

See ya,

Al Waters

Al

I have an extra red Vegas. It needs a new piston & sleeve, but that's in the mail from Tower. It's absolutely stock but is in a close second in our club's points. Just think what it could do with a real driver.

Lohring Miller

Lohring,

Thank you very much. Remember what I have always said......... to be a good driver, you have to have a good pit man. I hope that you are available when you are not running.

Thanks,

Al Waters

PS............... Russ Knock-a-buoy.......... It will be good to see you. Its been a long time my friend

Russ' Mis Vegas is in a class by itself, but what would you expect from the father of Sport 40 design. The factory never built sponsons like that.

My scale is being painted as we speak. I hope Mike McK gets the graphics done in time.

Lohring Miller

Lohring your stuff is being picked up today. I had to smack the USPS driver cuz he didn't pick up everything on Friday. Out of the 15 or so that were there he left 3 of them...no clue as to why. Trying to get everything out quickly these days as a this race and the Muncey have a lot of people in crunch mode. Which reminds me Al did you get your gas Kai yet?

Mike

Super! I'm new to this scale thing and am excited to run with the good guys at the Scale Championships.

Lohring Miller

Mike
Super! I'm new to this scale thing and am excited to run with the good guys at the Scale Championships.

Lohring Miller
Ive been twisting arms in Indiana and am trying to get a couple od IMPBA US-1 guys to go with me...............

Latest posts

Back