NW Scale Hydroplane Championship Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike
Super! I'm new to this scale thing and am excited to run with the good guys at the Scale Championships.

Lohring Miller
Ive been twisting arms in Indiana and am trying to get a couple od IMPBA US-1 guys to go with me...............
So, did you neglect typing "l" or "d"? :unsure: I like "d" myself.

JD
Sorry J-D it was going to be a F OF cya at the race maybe you can be my pitman
Well, since most of my racing endeavors thus far this year "have been the pits" that's a task I could probably handle.

JD

Eric Bourlet just contacted me to enter the Sport 18 Class. He's enlisted Mark Anderson's help to upgrade his Miss Vegas sponsons. Marty will be bring his MV down to my shop for a "treatment session." We have something like 6 or 7 boats already enter in the Sport 18 Class.

JD

Eric Bourlet just contacted me to enter the Sport 18 Class. He's enlisted Mark Anderson's help to upgrade his Miss Vegas sponsons. Marty will be bring his MV down to my shop for a "treatment session." We have something like 6 or 7 boats already enter in the Sport 18 Class.
JD

I hope he doesn't copy me again :p

Russ(I Love Sport 18)Nachtweih

JD

If Mark gets a hold of Eric's Miss Vegas and I see a Mutt II bottom on that hydro we are all in trouble and might as well head for happy hour early. ;)

See ya, Al Waters

JD

If Mark gets a hold of Eric's Miss Vegas and I see a Mutt II bottom on that hydro we are all in trouble and might as well head for happy hour early. ;)

See ya, Al Waters

Al,

You better be bringing your A-Game!!!!

KnockaBouy

Dang! Telephone, Telegraph, TeleDunny! , I thought that information was told in confidence, I was hoping that it would be a surprise. Actually I did the sponson changes, it's based on the MuttII though. I could not get it exactly where I wanted without removing material, and I figured taking it to the band saw was probably outside the scope of the intent of the class. So I settled for getting it as close as I could by adding balsa and sheet. I am also adding a muffler those darn boats are too loud, over the District 8, dB limit.

Dang! Telephone, Telegraph, TeleDunny! , I thought that information was told in confidence, I was hoping that it would be a surprise. Actually I did the sponson changes, it's based on the MuttII though. I could not get it exactly where I wanted without removing material, and I figured taking it to the band saw was probably outside the scope of the intent of the class. So I settled for getting it as close as I could by adding balsa and sheet. I am also adding a muffler those darn boats are too loud, over the District 8, dB limit.

I knew that Mutt II designs would be in there some how some way. I will take mine shaken and not stirred. :p

Hey Russ, what do you mean my A game. I could be an embarrassment to scale before the day is over. ;)

See ya, Al

I guess that means my stock Vegas will be outclassed. I'll try some sponson mods for your boat, Al. We'll run the stack and mod boats for a comparison. It will be a tough race, though. I think Eric has some prop secrets he hasn't told rus about. I think you can make up a 3/16 shaft that will take the power. Wait, that was my secret.

Lohring Miller

I knew that Mutt II designs would be in there some how some way. I will take mine shaken and not stirred. :p

Hey Russ, what do you mean my A game. I could be an embarrassment to scale before the day is over. ;)

See ya, Al
:huh: :blink:

Russ' Mis Vegas is in a class by itself, but what would you expect from the father of Sport 40 design. The factory never built sponsons like that. 

My scale is being painted as we speak. I hope Mike McK gets the graphics done in time.

Lohring Miller

Lohring,

I am not the Father, I am not the Father. Get a Blood Test!!!!!

I was with someone else that night, just ask Mark Anderson.................

If you are planning on attending the NW Scale Championship race this year and have not been in the past please e-mail me at [email protected] with your boat information and I will send you out a set of rules for the race. Looking forward to seeing everyone in October.

Marty

Lohring,

And to think I was trying to fix you up with my daughter.

Lohring Miller

Lohring,

And to think I was trying to fix you up with my daughter.Lohring Miller
Hey Lohring,

Russ actually took my daughter to a movie.

JD
OMG!, you are trusting, Dunny! I've got 2 daughters, but haven't told Russ yet :eek: .... just kiddin' Russ! I look forward to seeing you again Lohring.

David

P.S. - JD, I also heard you let him fiddle with your Vegas.....he is a master.... I look forward to seeing you all at the NW Champs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lohring,

And to think I was trying to fix you up with my daughter.Lohring Miller
Hey Lohring,

Russ actually took my daughter to a movie.

JD
OMG!, you are trusting, Dunny! I've got 2 daughters, but haven't told Russ yet :eek: .... just kiddin' Russ! I look forward to seeing you again Lohring.

David

P.S. - JD, I also heard you let him fiddle with your Vegas.....he is a master.... I look forward to seeing you all at the NW Champs!
mmm Wonder if i can find a rental Vegas? Sounds like its going to be a fun race no matter what. My 73 RedMan is feeling frisky now if i can figure out how to sneak thru the middle of the course with out incident........Mike

You can afford to swap a lot of paint in a Vegas race since the whole boat ready to run costs less than a scale paint job. It makes racing fun except for Russ, who is so far ahead that he misses out.

Lohring Miller

You can afford to swap a lot of paint in a Vegas race since the whole boat ready to run costs less than a scale paint job. It makes racing fun except for Russ, who is so far ahead that he misses out.
Lohring Miller

I bought the "Freddies Vegas" from Don F, and I think the paint job is worth more than the boat... :eek:

DJ

Attention Miss Vegas boat racers. There is a limited number of slots for the " Mini Hydros" at the Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship Race. Jerry Dunlap is keeping track of the count so please let him know if you want in. A "Show and Go" trophy has been added just like the 1/8 Scale class so style does count....

Please e-mail questions to [email protected]

Marty

Attention Miss Vegas boat racers. There is a limited number of slots for the " Mini Hydros" at the Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship Race. Jerry Dunlap is keeping track of the count so please let him know if you want in. A "Show and Go" trophy has been added just like the 1/8 Scale class so style does count.... 

Marty

Dunny,

Please put me in.

D Jensen

Marty

Dunny,

Please put me in.

D Jensen
Gotcha' David. I'm hopin Paul can get up for the Vegas race. Been awhile since you two have raced each other.

JD

Latest posts

Back